Playable/View-Only - Regens

Neji

It's likely I'll be starting a game on FM2010 tonight and so I'm interested in the best league structure.

Basically, I want to know how regen creation works. From past experience, it seem to me that having leagues chosen at the start increases the amount of regens from that league. I don't know if that is true but it always seemed that way.

If this is the case, will I get the same amount of regens(or at least, decent ones) using view-only as I would with the leagues playable?

Any input on how this works would be welcome :)

It's likely I'll be starting a game on FM2010 tonight and so I'm interested in the best league structure.

Basically, I want to know how regen creation works. From past experience, it seem to me that having leagues chosen at the start increases the amount of regens from that league. I don't know if that is true but it always seemed that way.

If this is the case, will I get the same amount of regens(or at least, decent ones) using view-only as I would with the leagues playable?

Any input on how this works would be welcome :)

From what I've gathered, having a league as view-only does not load more players from that league. If a league is set as playable, however, not only will it load all the players from all the tiers loaded but will also load more higher-rep (and higher PA?) players from nearby league. So, say, if you loaded the Portuguese league and left out the Spanish league you'd still get more Spanish-based players than if you loaded neither. This is easily noticeable in the 'amount of players loaded' information note when you toggle leagues between view-only and playable.

In a career game, I like to load at least one country from each continent which will then load more higher-rep players from each continent.

Another thing to keep in mind is the fact that the game will try to retain roughly the same amount of players per country throughout the years. So if you retain top division players from loads of countries, there will be more regens (and hence a bigger amount of 'better' regens) from those countries.

Fwiw, this is the setup for the last game I started:

leaguesetup.jpg

While these countries have had top-flight players retained:

countriesloaded.jpg

As you can see, to ensure future full population of view-only leagues' teams, I retained all players from their top-flights.

Archived