Stopping a Transfer

I'm in my 3rd season as Man Utd and because Rio is starting to age i decided to buy breno, this was in september, but since then rio and Vidic have played well and johnny evans has been a good replacement.

I'm in december now with breno set to come in on january 1st, is there any way i can stop this and save 20 mil for the team?

If you don't have a massive transfer budget, you could try spending it elsewhere and the transfer will be cancelled if you don't have available funds - but not sure (even if confirmed before Jan 1st) that you'll be able to make sure that goes through before Breno. Perhaps move your funds to the wage budget, bringing available transfer funds below what you need for Breno, then moving them back again after it's cancelled?

Alternatively, just let it go through - Rio may well drop off in form anyway.

I think once it is set, you're done with the transfer funds already being moved. I actually like to have 2 different centreback pairings because the players grow comfortable with each other so keep Rio & Vidic together and pair Evans & Breno as the second unit. At the least you can save Rio for CL matches and big games with Breno playing league and any FA/Carling Cup matches you might have.

You could try editing your budget in the board room section.

Move enough of your transfer budget over to your wage budget, so you can't afford the transfer, and it might be cancelled due to lack of funds. Then you can just move the funds back to your transfer budget and keep spending.

haha i just went on fm there, went through with the deal and tried playing a 3-5-2 formation with rio vidic and breno.

Lost 6-0 to birmingham(biggest ever defeat):o in the league cup. Breno conceded a penalty and got sent off!!:(

Think a spell in the reserves may be in order or perhaps a quick sell in summer. :rolleyes:

Anyone have any past experience of breno, will he come good??

haha i just went on fm there, went through with the deal and tried playing a 3-5-2 formation with rio vidic and breno.

Lost 6-0 to birmingham(biggest ever defeat):o in the league cup. Breno conceded a penalty and got sent off!!:(

Think a spell in the reserves may be in order or perhaps a quick sell in summer. :rolleyes:

Anyone have any past experience of breno, will he come good??

Never bought him personally but have alway wanted to as he is a top class defender. Whatever you do dont sell him as you'll regret it instead why no as suggested rotate him. You could also train evans to play DL or DR as well as DC thus allowing him to get games in more than one position.

You could try editing your budget in the board room section.

Move enough of your transfer budget over to your wage budget, so you can't afford the transfer, and it might be cancelled due to lack of funds. Then you can just move the funds back to your transfer budget and keep spending.

This won't work, but you should do it anyway. When the transfer goes through the board will take the money out of your transfer budget, but if you hide all the money in your wage budget they are too stupid to figure out where it went.

Archived