How do I prevent players leaving my club?

Im benfica, bought diego buenanotte from River plate and he was just amazing in the 1st season with 12 goals and 22 assists in just 20 games. Now how do i stop him from wanting to leave my club? man u, man city all made bids for him and he felt they were too good to refuse. His morale went from superb to very poor and happiness is set to "wanting to leave the club", he doesnt want new contract either. So my question is, how do i keep him, i mean benfica is not a bad team, but not the big ones either. Is he going to feel better after some time or do i have no choice but to sell him? he plays so good when aimar and saviola are both on the field too, maybe its the language and same country.

put his fee up to £40 million, then refuse bids lower, hopefully after time and if you are succesfull with benfica he will back down. i would suggest if any one matches 40 million then sell selll sell.

Yes, I actually set it to 30million. As benfica, if you give me 30 million, I can give you anyone! my biggest sale was luisao, 10.5 million

1. Don't reject offers - this will usually cause the player to be unhappy with the manager. Instead negotiate for a high selling price that even Real Madrid won't bother.

i.e. if someone offers you 10M, don't reject, set the price to 50M + clauses. They'll withdraw the offer.

2. Loan the player for a fee - Ask clubs to pay for the loan a fee in addition to his salary. Make sure there is no future selling fee agreed. After a season or two he'll either rot on the bench of Man U and want to go back or his price will go up to the point Barcelona would beg for him.

Archived