Dimitar Berbatov Not Playing Well...

in "interact" with player you can tell him his recent form is below average and that he should step it up. He will say something like "he understands his recent bad form and will work hard to get back" or if he doesnt give a crap he will just say "he believes his form is not as bad as it seems".

Maybe its the wrong way to play the game but anytime I take over Man United the first thing I do is get rid of Berbatov. I think there is plenty of better options available anyway. I havent tried them yet in FM2010 but when I do I think there should be plenty of transfer money available to replace him since they got rid of the Portugese winker.

Is there anything I can do to comment on his performance of late? Because he hasn't scored in 400 minutes of football.

Can I tell him to play alittle better or something?

I really don't see a problem here ;)

And as it's been mentioned above you can 'comment on the player' and talk to the press about his recent form and try and give him a kick up the backside

Can't say I'd keep him, I signed him in '09 for a struggling Blackburn team (he was on the transfer list) and if anything he made it worse. It's just his personality (lazy). Don't know what he's like on 10, but in my save he's warming the bench for Utd.

Is there anything I can do to comment on his performance of late? Because he hasn't scored in 400 minutes of football.

Can I tell him to play alittle better or something?

Criticise his performance through the media or give him a warning for poor performance if the option is available.

personally I would leave him out of the squad for one game. Have him on the subs bench for another three. Then star him the next game. A short spell on the bench could be just what he needs to drive him back into the scoring books :thup:

I have him playing for my Man Utd team in FM2010, I only got up to March so far, but he has been phenomenal. My team wouldn't be the same without him and I wouldn't dream of selling him.

42 games - 24 goals - 13 assists

I have him playing as a Trequartista at the moment. The role just seemed perfect for him based on his real life personality. Although he has played as a Target Man and a Deep Lying Forward at times too. But mostly it has been a Trequartista.

I have him playing for my Man Utd team in FM2010, I only got up to March so far, but he has been phenomenal. My team wouldn't be the same without him and I wouldn't dream of selling him.

42 games - 24 goals - 13 assists

I have him playing as a Trequartista at the moment. The role just seemed perfect for him based on his real life personality. Although he has played as a Target Man and a Deep Lying Forward at times too. But mostly it has been a Trequartista.

He is playing very well for me too in my Man Utd save and i'm in 2012

You get £60m to spend with United. Given that, I'd buy a new striker and keep Berbatov!

Still gonna get rid of Berbatov but since I have 60M to spend I think I'll go for Sergio Aguero.

Not worth wasting the money on him. Macheda has a lot of potential, and Welbeck too. I would suggest giving Berbatov a run before you ditch him. He can give a couple good years, and by the time you need to replace him Macheda or Welbeck could be just about ready for the first team. Having said that, with only 3 ready first team strikers, you could probably use another one. But personally I wouldn't waste my money getting Aguero. But it's up to you at the end of the day, it's your game :p

Not worth wasting the money on him. Macheda has a lot of potential, and Welbeck too. I would suggest giving Berbatov a run before you ditch him. He can give a couple good years, and by the time you need to replace him Macheda or Welbeck could be just about ready for the first team. Having said that, with only 3 ready first team strikers, you could probably use another one. But personally I wouldn't waste my money getting Aguero. But it's up to you at the end of the day, it's your game :p

I wouldn't agree with welbeck having good potential. In the game he doesnt develop to Champions League standard. signing Aguero is not a waste of money

Berbatov has been great for me. I play him as a supporting deep lying striker in support of Rooney, who plays as an advanced forward. I know different than IRL, but it works wonders. Berba nearly got 30 goals and Rooney nearly hit 40 and won the CL with them. Of course Berba sucked in the final against Barca, but Shrek came through. Berbatov's passing is the best from a striker in the game, I wouldn't get rid of him.

I would keep hounding him and critizing his performances. To me a player making that much money as a striker should score consistently or it's time for him to move on. He he doesn't score, or if he doesn't like your harsh critisizim then try and arrange a way for him to exit, and bring in someone new.

I had the same problem sold him for £25 million to West Ham and hes scored 20+ for the seasons he's been there. End of the day Wellbeck and Macheda are all you need. wellbeck's got 30 in 40 in season 2 and 10 in 15 in season 3. Play him up front with rooney and you don't even need berbs.

Archived