Can't settle

Apparently the bright lights of Nottingham aren't good enough for my 17mill star French signing and he is having trouble settling to the area.

I am a compassionate man and would like to help as much as possible. The press keep chirping in with questions about giving him a couple of weeks off to adjust. I am happy to do this and will even take him out myself to the local meat markets and buy the flaming sambucas if that is likely to help. My problem is I can't find how to give him a couple of weeks off as they are suggesting. I can go into player interaction and suggest resting him for a week but all that does is release a press comment saying I am thinking about it. He is still sitting miserable in my squad dreaming of perma-tanned Tracie's. If I remove him from his position for a week then put him back in it doesn't seem to register anything and doesn't change anything.

How do I get him out of the squad and out on the lash? At this rate I suspect I am going to be flogging him in January for a lot less than 17 mill and that was 10 mill more than I had paid for anyone else (and prob about 8 mill more than he was worth). An expense account for a week at Stringfellows is a drop in the ocean in comparison.

What am I missing?

i had the same problem with ribery, he become very unhappy after about 2 month and for the rest of the season his ratings where just crap. at the end of the season i had no choice but to sell him for a major loss. and at NO point was there an option to give a leave of absence. was very disapointed that i couldn't help him out and had to sell him. think this needs looking into

Mate, i had the same problem with ribery and it went away after a couple of months, i think the trick is to have a few players of similar nationality in the squad and to generally be positive about him in the press despite **** performances, thats how it worked for me i guess.

Mate, i had the same problem with ribery and it went away after a couple of months, i think the trick is to have a few players of similar nationality in the squad and to generally be positive about him in the press despite **** performances, thats how it worked for me i guess.

Yep, as well as allowing him leave, surrounding him with other players that speak his language works well.

Another thing you can do is go to his personal page, and there you should see a list of players/coaches he gets along with. Signing one of his favourite people will help him settle as well.

your surgestions are all well and good, but there are 2 problems with them, 1 is they cost you money, money that i didn't have. and 2, there work arounds. well sort off. i would prefer to have the option to give him some leave and see if that worked before i would of had to find some money from somewhere to bring in someone he got on with.

p.s Dysphoria, i signed him in august and he developed the problem within 2-3 months, and then i tried my hardest for the rest of the season (6-7 months). but it just didn't work. now who knows? maybe giving him some leave might have helped, maybe not, but i would have liked to have had the option working at least. as it was, i had no choise but to sell. i had no money to bring in someone who he liked, and he just never played well enough to be any use to me. so all in all, it just turned into a bum transfer. and i had to cut my losses. O well. better luck with the rest of my signings. lol

your surgestions are all well and good, but there are 2 problems with them, 1 is they cost you money, money that i didn't have. and 2, there work arounds. well sort off. i would prefer to have the option to give him some leave and see if that worked before i would of had to find some money from somewhere to bring in someone he got on with.

p.s Dysphoria, i signed him in august and he developed the problem within 2-3 months, and then i tried my hardest for the rest of the season (6-7 months). but it just didn't work. now who knows? maybe giving him some leave might have helped, maybe not, but i would have liked to have had the option working at least. as it was, i had no choise but to sell. i had no money to bring in someone who he liked, and he just never played well enough to be any use to me. so all in all, it just turned into a bum transfer. and i had to cut my losses. O well. better luck with the rest of my signings. lol

mate, it took me almost a season long for him to be settled, during that time, his form was very inconsistent. Anyway, i sold him in the end for a profit seeing that he only cost me 16mil.

mate, it took me almost a season long for him to be settled, during that time, his form was very inconsistent. Anyway, i sold him in the end for a profit seeing that he only cost me 16mil.

can i just ask then, how did you get him that cheep??? as it cost me £35m in total. would love to know, for when i start all over again. so i can try and get it right this time. lol

Archived