FM2010 is running dangerously low on memory... Explanation

I’m getting sick of SI’s inability to help us users with this problem, If you check my post history I have had this problem ever since it occurred randomly half way through the Demo and I am unable to play the game.

The game loads up but just after the copyright image when you’re expecting the Main Menu screen it goes black and gives me this error.

I have tried everything; I work in IT and have used different hard drives, operating systems, all the updates but still SI seem to ignore this problem. I know you read these forums, an acknowledgement that you don’t know why this occurs would be better than your continued silence.

I have managed to play the game on my laptop but this is not acceptable as i bought the game for my new PC.

Silence is Golden? Not in this case its infuriating...

its definately not related to actuall memory of the PC i myself have an 8GB Intel Quad core 1GB Rad Graphics Card with nothing but Windows 7 on and i get this error, i can only pinpoint it to the PC drivers... but again SI will ignore this problem due to us being in the minority

I think its rather your settings in W7, I also run this game in W7 but with half of the specs you seem to have and I even sometimes play FM10 + Dragon Age: Origins at the same time, with no lag :p

Try this:

Right click my computer> go to properties> go to advanced tab> Performance section:Settings> advanced tab> virtual memory:change > (if multiple HDDs)remove page file from OS HDD/partition*, click set - on second HDD/partition put a custom size one in by putting the same value in both boxes(eg 4096) then click set!

You may then have to restart your computer... hopefully that should help

Post back

* if you only have one HDD/partition then just set the page file to the second step on there instead

I think its rather your settings in W7, I also run this game in W7 but with half of the specs you seem to have and I even sometimes play FM10 + Dragon Age: Origins at the same time, with no lag :p

It isn't the settings, there is a fault which more and more people are finding, your find loads of posts in the bugs section of the Technical Section and SI Games are looking in to and running tests, so no one is being ignored, just been a case of lots of work for them. Frustrating it certainly is, but i'm sure it will be sorted soon enough, even if many have to put up with its your fault from mis-imformed fanboys that swim in these waters!!

Have you tried what the spurs guy said to do?

I hate to say it but it has to be something in your settings. I can't see your computer just rejecting it for some bizarre reason, your computer will be no different to anyone elses who has no problems, it'll just be a setting, my old piece of sh*t computer works just fine.

Try what the spurs guy said and see if it works, if not search on google for your problem, usually these things can be sorted.

I hate to say it but it has to be something in your settings. I can't see your computer just rejecting it for some bizarre reason, your computer will be no different to anyone elses who has no problems, it'll just be a setting, my old piece of sh*t computer works just fine.

Try what the spurs guy said and see if it works, if not search on google for your problem, usually these things can be sorted.

:-) just adding that if you search google you will most liekly just find the same solution! Though i didn't use google but did 5 years ago when i knew nothing about that sort of thing yet i am now a IT technician ;)

Where would we be without google lol!

It is that simple though, take a logical look at it - the game won't run, is my computer broken or different in any way to a 'standard' set up most other people in the world use - if yes then maybe that is it, although it is probably no - if it is no then what else could it be, hmmm well a computer has various settings which can be fiddled with etc etc

I'm in manufacturing and the amount of times people say things 'cannot be sorted' is unreal. Take a step back and just look at what it could be, most of the time it is something very simple and solveable.

If using windows vista/win7 you could try the readyboost feature. Plug in a clean usb flash drive or sd card(if you have a reader) and in the autoplay dialog box it should give you the option to use it for readyboost which is kinda like additional RAM/paging file so that you have mroe virtual memory thus helping reduce risk of running low :)

You could make sure nothing else is running in task manager to make sure only FM is the main memory resource hog! (maybe look at this thread. I haven't used the program yet but seems ok if your not sure which processes to stop from running! - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=4237532#post4237532)

I'va had a crash from the memory leak issue, but he's not having that problem, its where the game quits because it says its low on memory. So my solutions could possibly help but i can't say for sure.

You may aswell try them :thup:

PS i never changed anything(after my 1 and only crash) and since that last one i have not had another crash so its a bit random... but hopefully that will be completely erradicated in the next patch.

thanks for your replies guys

Try this:

Right click my computer> go to properties> go to advanced tab> Performance section:Settings> advanced tab> virtual memory:change > (if multiple HDDs)remove page file from OS HDD/partition*, click set - on second HDD/partition put a custom size one in by putting the same value in both boxes(eg 4096) then click set!

You may then have to restart your computer... hopefully that should help

Post back

* if you only have one HDD/partition then just set the page file to the second step on there instead

thanks PGB SPURS i will try this tonight and let you know

run less leagues until it is fixed.

i cannot get to the page where you select leagues its loads the boot up into video's and even the first time loading in different languages screen but just as i'm expecting to get to the Main Menu i.e start new game thats when it stays black and or gives me the message?!

yeah i have tried google i too am an IT Technician and google has come to my aid many times but not this time! thanks

Hope that fixed it. I would assume it did otherwise you would have been back by now to ask for any other help :p

no did not fix it unfortunately, its definately a problem with my motherboard drivers 100% sure of this as it works when i dont install them, cant be bothered to pinpoint which one exactly but SI should look into it my drivers are for an Intel DQ35JO Board

this IS the problem, NOT MY MEMORY. FACT

• 4 weeks later...

Archived