Holiday Mode

Last Night I decided to experiment and go on Holiday mode and I left it running all night.

I came to it this morning and I have 2 coaches left, no scouts and 1 physio, even my Assistant Manager (who i presume was in charge during my holiday) didn't renew his contract. And my DM/MC wonderkid was released

Has anyone else come across this before? Surely there could be room for improvement? Or are these things SI's way of punishing us who us the Holiday function? lol

I'm not moaning because a) it's my own fault for Holiday-ing b) I can always get more staff with my pretty much unlimited wage budget with the all conquering Man City :D

It is funny one holiday mode, I've only ever used it during network games when 1 or 2 couldn't play but the rest could.

It is kinda hard to understand it's use in a single player game - surely you either want to play the game (so play) or don't (so you quit?)

I guess maybe if your season is over in February you could fast forward to May.

I think you did well to stay in the job to be honest. I tried holidaying just the last 8 games of a 'comfortable mid table' season and came back to find I had only just avoided relegation by the skin of my teeth and nearly the whole of my 1st team squad was unhappy and wanting to leave due to the assistants comments and team talks.

Decided against holidays after that.

Well this was more of an experiment to see what holiday mode would do and see where it took my team really. And it seems it took my team backwards about 2 seasons lol.

I now have a squad as thin as I think I have ever had, I have only two reserve team players, because while it was releasing all the players with expired contracts, it wasn't signing new players.

Looks like I'm going to be spending in the summer transfer window lol

You can setup your AM to deal with player contracts I think, so as long as you tick that box, you shouldn't lose all of your squad. Obviously, you're likely to lose some though.

Do you mean the box in '<Team Name> Settings' to make your 'Contract renewals handled by AM/Coach'. Yeah I had that ticked.

I understand that my AM might not want to re-sign players but i think releasing 14 players, the majority first team/ back up players is too much? And it's not the lack of skill of my AM, because I think he's one of the best in the game.

You can setup your AM to deal with player contracts I think, so as long as you tick that box, you shouldn't lose all of your squad. Obviously, you're likely to lose some though.

This was my mistake - left my Blackpool team running in Holiday mode while I disappeared for an hour, came back and half my squad had been released at the end of their contracts because the season had come and gone!

It ran a lot quicker than I thought it would on holiday mode, completing more than nine months in an hour and a half!

Last Night I decided to experiment and go on Holiday mode and I left it running all night.

I came to it this morning and I have 2 coaches left, no scouts and 1 physio, even my Assistant Manager (who i presume was in charge during my holiday) didn't renew his contract. And my DM/MC wonderkid was released

Has anyone else come across this before? Surely there could be room for improvement? Or are these things SI's way of punishing us who us the Holiday function? lol

I'm not moaning because a) it's my own fault for Holiday-ing b) I can always get more staff with my pretty much unlimited wage budget with the all conquering Man City :D

Why would you ever need to go on holiday for this long anyway. Why should SI spend ages making sure that if people go on holiday for a season that all their staff and players will be there when you return. People who go on holiday for that long deserve to have what happened above happen to them.

The game is football manager not ''i'll go on holiday cos I cant be arsed managing my team manager''

Why would you ever need to go on holiday for this long anyway. Why should SI spend ages making sure that if people go on holiday for a season that all their staff and players will be there when you return. People who go on holiday for that long deserve to have what happened above happen to them.

The game is football manager not ''i'll go on holiday cos I cant be arsed managing my team manager''

I did it to see what happens, as an experiment. And you're probably right SI shouldn't spend ages doing that. But say you wanted to start the game in 2030, with only regens in the game. So you holiday until then. But when you come to it the games messed up and you have to employ all your staff, buy new players etc....

I did it to see what happens, as an experiment. And you're probably right SI shouldn't spend ages doing that. But say you wanted to start the game in 2030, with only regens in the game. So you holiday until then. But when you come to it the games messed up and you have to employ all your staff, buy new players etc....

How many off your staff/players will have retired by then anyway?

I would presume that the majority of the players would have and any 45+ year old coaches at the start of the game would have.

Yes so why are you so worried about losing your players/staff while your on holiday when they will retired by the time you come back from holiday anyway

I'm not worried personally because that sort of games doesn't appeal to me. I was just using it as an example. But it will do for other people and for them to sit through 20 years of holiday and then the game to be basically messed up.

And last night it only holidayed about a year and a half (laptops quite slow)

Archived