Why is Defending so Awkward in FM10?

kb77

Is it just me or is the defending in this version screwed up? Even if I have 3 guys in front of a striker, none of them do anything to stop the guy. Also I've noticed in the midfield, they run up to a attacker and then back off and let the guy go through. I dont remember it being like this in 09

SI, is this being looked at for the next patch?

Could also be a bug since a lot of people are annoyed with how defending is "working" in the game.

Are you denying that it might not be a bug and that tactic changes might be able to help.

Oh and just cos tha game has only been out for 2 weeks and other people are having same issue doesn't mean everyone is. That's because the sesible people look at te tactical issues

Have to say i haven't noticed this as much as people say. I think alot of people may still be using zonal marking from 09. this doesn't work quite as well in 2010 so you should be man marking individuals when possible that way if there is a mistake you have an individual player to blame.

I'm noticing a lot more stupid mistakes and a lot less good offensive runs than in real life.

Could it be tied with the fact that almost every player has been slightly reduced in ability this year? Seems like the attribute/CA formula has been changed a bit, maybe this is the reason? It could also explain why passing and tackling is down a bit across the board

I notice that there is a large gap between the two defenders and the oppo's striker. The oppo just play a long ball over the top and their striker runs right through the middle. I have mark tightly and man marking as my instructions but it doesn't matter. I just think it's the game's way of saying something's wrong with your tactics. It's a cheap way of doing it.

im having same issue, tried without and with patch, even tried defending deep yet my defenders decide to all push up and run away leaving teams having endless 1 on 1 situations with my keeper....i have tried the defaults for the players, i have tried setting them individually, nothing seems to work.

This FM does seem to have goals galore, The AI seems to have the same problem as us with defending.

Results like these can happen in real life once in a while.

I just hope that when SI patch it up, It does not never happen at all.

Because these results happen in real life. Just not that often

16189646.jpg

Does seem a bit more offensive, but I helped lock my defense up for 10 straight clean sheets by making sure my CBs had their defensive leanings set to the max in the advanced tactics aspect. Otherwise they follow the overall strategy and rush too high. I actually think GKs are better and cover more mistakes. But still hope an update tweaks it so not so many 30 goal scorers. My United team fell one goal short of two 30 goal strikers and Pool had 2. Too much IMO.

It is stupid to say that either you have a problem with your tactics or your players, I had the same problem and stopped playing as it was putting me off. Doesn't matter which player you put, they go back and back and back and let their rivals run with the ball. Even when you are close to your area, your players only watch the rival team without trying to get the ball. It is not a problem in a tactic as any player around the world would go to take the ball, no matter whether he is bad o good.

It is stupid to say that either you have a problem with your tactics or your players, I had the same problem and stopped playing as it was putting me off. Doesn't matter which player you put, they go back and back and back and let their rivals run with the ball. Even when you are close to your area, your players only watch the rival team without trying to get the ball. It is not a problem in a tactic as any player around the world would go to take the ball, no matter whether he is bad o good.

Agree they back off too much even with closing down on and it needs to be fixed. Even the ass man recognizes it and says our tackling stinks. No crap what should I do about it? Either they fail to tackle or get a red. But I think making sure the CBs and a DM have their individual tendencies ratcheted down to defensive helps until SI release a patch.

This FM does seem to have goals galore, The AI seems to have the same problem as us with defending.

Results like these can happen in real life once in a while.

I just hope that when SI patch it up, It does not never happen at all.

Because these results happen in real life. Just not that often

16189646.jpg

See after the Tottenham result today( 9-1 against Wigan ) these results can and do happen in real life. :p

Just not all the time.

The high scores don't happen that much to me but when they do it's pretty silly. I was tied1-1 with arsenal in the league cup going into the 2nd leg. It was 0-0 after 90 and the match finished 8-7 me. That's not on pens just 15 goals in 30 minutes.

Archived