Kilometers run is low

My strikers and defenders are running between only 4-6 kms a game. My midfielders around 8. I also notice the opposition players with the same stats so its not just my team. Why are they so low? Im playing in the A-League where they always play a high tempo running game. Its not like I'm playing Italian Serie B or something like that. Midfielders should be running at least 11kms. Strikers and defenders at least 8.

Tbh, I can't see SI taking that sample as proof that they have something wrong. Not saying the figures are wrong, just think that they would want a little more to go on. Think that you and the OP might be onto something here though

well, advanced stats in football still don´t get to the public eye much, other than the odd broadcast showing player XY just suposedly ran 12 K there´s really not much use of anything but the basic stats and as far as i know no one bothers to put up those stats on a website.

wouldn´t want them to change it for the sake of changing it. Just a bit weird they toned it down so much after last version (which was about 2K higher on average if i recall correctly) but could be due to changes within the match engine where you now have way more breakaways and in general more decicive offense possibly leading to less possible kilometres to be run.

They, castrol, do that for every major international tournamen recently (started in 2004 if i´m not mistaken) and those numbers were in line.

In general this obviously isn´t a deal breaker in any case, just a little tidbit that i noticed purely in comparison to the 09 numbers.

PaulC mentioned elsewhere that the figures may be a little bit low compared to RL at the moment, but that they'd just alter the algorithm used to calculate distance to sort it for the next patch (not actually change the amount of running the players do).

that´d be a handy solution surely.

dunno why there´s not a simple "patch 2 - known issues" topic at the top. Answering in specific thread or updating the opening post there isn´t much of a time difference but would maybe prevent some unnescessary searching and/or asking.

Yeah it does seem to be an issue with the algorithm, as the players do seem to run a lot in the match engine. Hopefully they can sort it out next patch as I think this stat is a very important stat. They do show it occasionally for some games on TV, but I think it should be included with the basic stats all the time. It just proves how hard Gerrard and Alonso run in a game. And also how slack some players can be - ie. Ronaldo only running 3kms for Brazil against Croatia in 2006 WC as an example.

Archived