i'm torn! help!

While I do love some of the new features on FM10, especially the assistant feedback because I am a horrible soccer manager, and I'll be the first to admit it, and most of the problems I'm having are probably because of my tactics, but there is something about FM07 that makes me want to go back to playing it. I'm not sure what it is, I've always loved the 07 version. yes, there's no assistant feedback or touchline instructions which would hurt me, and it's a lot harder to buy players in my opinion. I just find FM10 and having to run it through steam not always the greatest. I've never had problems with Steam other than it seems to slow my computer down and sometimes the graphics are choppy. I just don't know what to do. There are things about FM07 that I like, then there are things about FM10 that I like. I'd hate to just quit playing 10 because it cost me 40 bucks, but I can't have both 07 and 10 on my computer, and I only want to start a longterm career with one. Man, I'm confused, what do you guys think? I know some of you love FM10, and some of you hate it. I guess I need some help here!

While I do love some of the new features on FM10, especially the assistant feedback because I am a horrible soccer manager, and I'll be the first to admit it, and most of the problems I'm having are probably because of my tactics, but there is something about FM07 that makes me want to go back to playing it. I'm not sure what it is, I've always loved the 07 version. yes, there's no assistant feedback or touchline instructions which would hurt me, and it's a lot harder to buy players in my opinion. I just find FM10 and having to run it through steam not always the greatest. I've never had problems with Steam other than it seems to slow my computer down and sometimes the graphics are choppy. I just don't know what to do. There are things about FM07 that I like, then there are things about FM10 that I like. I'd hate to just quit playing 10 because it cost me 40 bucks, but I can't have both 07 and 10 on my computer, and I only want to start a longterm career with one. Man, I'm confused, what do you guys think? I know some of you love FM10, and some of you hate it. I guess I need some help here!

I didn't buy FM10 through Steam, but with FM09 I found that (once activated) you could create a desktop icon directly to the FM exe file in the Steam folder, not the Steam application launcher. Then you don't need to have Steam running at all.

You dont have to run fm10 through Steam. If you have the dvd, install it from there, and run it from there, just like you do with older versions of FM. I'm sure thats possible... Failing that, there was a "game-boost" thing you could get for fm09 that speeded things up, maybe try that for fm10? Its a much better game than 07, once you get going, you'll never look back!

lutontown, nice advice. Maybe I do live in the past too much. FM 10 is a great game, I do admit that it seems harder than 07, but there again, I'm sure it's my tactics. Tonight I started a career with the English national team and Painthiakos (sp?) from Greece. Both are supposedly really good teams, so I should win more than I lose. I don't mind losing sometimes, as the game would be no fun and get quite boring. But I don't want to draw or lose all the time which is what I find has happened to me with all the careers I've started so far. Granted, when it comes to soccer managing I am beyond terrible. And I bought the game through steam. Sorry to dissapoint you Jamie, but that really has nothing to do with my thoughts on FM 10. I think it's a great game, and I haven't had a problem with Steam yet, except for some crash dumps when I tried to do some league editing. That may not be steam though, that may be something else. In either case, I like FM 10. But I also like FM 07.

lutontown, nice advice. Maybe I do live in the past too much. FM 10 is a great game, I do admit that it seems harder than 07, but there again, I'm sure it's my tactics. Tonight I started a career with the English national team and Painthiakos (sp?) from Greece. Both are supposedly really good teams, so I should win more than I lose. I don't mind losing sometimes, as the game would be no fun and get quite boring. But I don't want to draw or lose all the time which is what I find has happened to me with all the careers I've started so far. Granted, when it comes to soccer managing I am beyond terrible. And I bought the game through steam. Sorry to dissapoint you Jamie, but that really has nothing to do with my thoughts on FM 10. I think it's a great game, and I haven't had a problem with Steam yet, except for some crash dumps when I tried to do some league editing. That may not be steam though, that may be something else. In either case, I like FM 10. But I also like FM 07.

I was a big fan of FM07 too mate and sometimes its hard to let go (every year a week or two before release date of the new version I always seem to really get into the previous version game for some reason) But being honest as said above you wont look back. FM10 is a great game and given time it will grow on you and this time next year hopefully the both of us will be playing FM11. :)

Best of Luck with the game man :thup:

Archived