This game sure is weird!not a ME/rant topic

I manage in the serie A,i got to play against Cagliari and i was very in the "wtf feeling" when i saw that their team had players like:Pablo Piatti,Luizao,Legrottaglie,Pandev.

So,just out of curiosity,at the end of the season i saved my game,and then i made a new manager to see what was going on at Cagliari.

Basically,a guy named Luciano Gaucci took over as chairman of the club,and now hes got big ambition for this team.And loads of money too,they spent 54mills of euros for they players i mentioned,and he was still giving me 35mills to spend for new players!

Now,this may not look so weird for people not italian,BUT:

1)Cagliari is a mid-low table team,with a crap old stadium,and definitely not the club someone ambitious and with loads of money would pick(Roma is 1).

2)Luciano Gaucci is well known in Italy because he was the charismatic chairman of Perugia(when they were in serie A)10 years ago,but someday the police found out he was cheating on balances and stuff,so he had to go exile in Saint Domingo to avoid jail.No one has heard or seen him in Italy since then,he was only seen once in a tv show hanging around St Domingo with 20 years old girls from there.It is unlikely that he will come back,and even if that happens,no way he was a rich chairman.

So,i have a question for the people from SI that made the Italy-related stuff:

WTF?????

Let me get this straight... You added a new manager at the same point in the game as you were at, ie you didnt start a new game? So,m therefore, its perfectly possible that someone took over Cagliari and gave them all this money, is it not?

Yes,i didnt start a new game,i just made a new manager at the end of the season.

And yes it is possible that someone took over Cagliari.

But its absolutely impossible that someone with that much money took over Cagliari.

And its even more impossible and weird that Luciano Gaucci did it.

Did you read my post?

Btw,this is no rant/complain topic,im just very curious as to how he was included in the database as a possible take over,and with all that money.

XD

You may raise the second point in the database forum.... I don't think point 1 is much valid though. Cagliari is in the top division, while many "ambitious chairmen" in real life have entered low-level clubs(Notts County pops to mind, and there's the Red Bull team in Germany...).

Why is it impossible?

What were Blackburn Rovers when Sir Jack Walker took over and pumped his millions into the club? They were nothing. What about Fulham and Al Fayed?

and is there only one person in Italy with that name? Ok so its a bit odd that the exact name has come up in the take-over, but still, its not impossible.

edit: why dont you use FMRTE and see if it IS the same guy, and if so, mention it in the data issues forum for Italy....

Guys,i understand that from your point of view it is possible.But you can ask any italian about it,and he will always answer that there is not even a remote chance that someone with loads of money would take over a club like:Chievo,Cagliari,Siena,Catania,Atalanta or Livorno.

The only clubs someone might be interested in could be:Lazio,Fiorentina,Roma,Genoa,Sampdoria,Palermo,Napoli.

Its very different from England,we dont have full stadiums every match,nor there is that much money from the competition.And thats why there's way more less appealing teams in Italy,than there are in England.

Believe me when i say that something like that is very very very unrealistic.

Oh and i checked both FMRTE and Wikipedia for that guy,the birth dates are different(8/8/1946 in the game,some day in 1938 in reality)but i am still totally sure that there is no other famous/rich person named like that guy,how could i not know about him,if he was named after that (in)famous guy?

Well,guess you still wont believe me on this one :-)

I do have found out that he has returned in italy on april this year,so that may be the reason he was included in the database,but still:willing to get back into football?with all that money?at Cagliari? XD

I agree that the game's choice of the new chairman may not be suitable, but having smaller clubs on occassion randomly picked for cash injections I am in favour of. Nice element of surprise/fantasy. Forget about the realism, as the game (and remember it's a game) was never truly realistic.

Archived