Has anyone else had this problem in the ECC...

I've qualified for the Champions League with Hoffenheim in my recent save, and encountered a bit of a problem when trying to register my squad. I don't actually have enough 'home-grown' players and therefore can't submit my squad, making my game unable to play. Anyone else had this problem, cause I was really getting into the save!

Dont register the full complement of players for the CL (25) In the box at the bottom, you'll see the rules about homegrown players, and they will probably have a yellow triangle next to them if you dont have enough players in those categories. If you de-select some of your players, that will eventually disappear and you can continue. Bear in mind, anyone aged 21 or under does NOT need to be registered but can still play...

As rinso said - if you only have 2 players that 'count' then select 19 players in your squad (including said 2). The game will see the 6 'blank' spaces from the 25 as home grown, for some reason. Then, as has also been said, you can play anyone aged 21 and under without them needing to be registered.

TBH you shouldn't have the problem, but I know why you are where you are :p

I anticipated the exact same problem if I ever got there when I started my save.

I looked and there were 2 already home grown (Jaissle & Herdling), and 2 who would be eligable (Terrazino & Klingmann, Raitala also if you decide to take up the OTB in the loan, which I decided not to when I started my save as I didn't see him being suited to my style *edit, this is incorrect actually as Raitala only becomes eligable in November IIRC*) by the time it came to pick the squad if I reached the ECC.

What I really wanted to do, which I suspect Hoffenheim do in RL, is get rid of them but they haven't becuase they need the best possible eligable players if they get there so carry them, as I have done, and have also sacrificed better players which I use in other competitions :thdn:

I noticed you said you had to raise money though (which I did in different ways) so I guess you sold one or more of these players then, or have you still got them in your reserves or something? I wonder how much you got for them if you did?!

So did I to be honest, although that isn't why I chose to start with them, I thought I'd take a team with no real history or achievements and build them a history. I think I had £3.5m to spend when I started out

You should be able to get yourself onto the 'legend' or 'favoured personnel' list so :thup:

Archived