Couldn't take FM anymore...until

This is a message to all these posters complaining that they can't win on FM10. I have tried numerous saves with various clubs. As soon as my team started the league we flopped. For anyone that is finding the game hard to get used to, PLEASE try once more with Notts County :D. They have players fit for League 1 and you have pretty much unlimited funds. Certainly a confidence booster for all you people who just want to give up. And a great way to practice your tactics.

Some of my results so far:

Notts 3-1 Scunthorpe

Notts 3-1 Sheffield Wednesday

Notts 6-0 Dag n Red

Yesterday I got fired from Notts County. LOL

all was good in year 1 earned promotion then year 2 went through a long spell of my players IQ dropping to 0, my goalie forgetting how to stop almost all 30 yarders and my club being unable to stop the massive leaking of goals after the 90th minute. SI and their army of Internet forum supporters say "it's your tactics!", but after I got sacked I say It's your software developers

lol why nots? when u can take madrid/chelsea/barca/ManUTD??

Man city!!

surely they would be better

I recommend Leeds, Southampton or Norwich and maybe Forest too. Surely, as in my experience, the big clubs you mention have very high expectations so you HAVE to "achieve" (and remember you are competing with the other big clubs you mentioned which is tough) whereas Notts Co & the others I mentioned can relatively easily match expectation - and in L2 with 4 teams promoted you have a real chance.

Yesterday I got fired from Notts County. LOL

all was good in year 1 earned promotion then year 2 went through a long spell of my players IQ dropping to 0, my goalie forgetting how to stop almost all 30 yarders and my club being unable to stop the massive leaking of goals after the 90th minute. SI and their army of Internet forum supporters say "it's your tactics!", but after I got sacked I say It's your software developers

Funny, reading many success stories in Notts thread in Team guides forum I would say it's your tactics and/or managment.

Anyway, I've got Notts Co (which I've played since FM2005) to the Prem in three seasons but then I've got kinda bored as it become to use. It's not chalenge when your chairman injects 20 millions just after you've spent 20 millions on players lol

Loving my Notts Co save.

1st season - League 2 - Pos 1

2nd season - League 1 - Pos 3 - Playoff winners

3rd season - Championship - Pos 9

4th season - Championship - Pos 2

5th season - Premier League - Pos 14 - Played 5 - W 0 D 4 L 1

I've found it a challenge to build the team I want but it's coming together. Although you do have millions pumped into the club it's been a fun ride so far.

Funny, reading many success stories in Notts thread in Team guides forum I would say it's your tactics and/or managment.

Anyway, I've got Notts Co (which I've played since FM2005) to the Prem in three seasons but then I've got kinda bored as it become to use. It's not chalenge when your chairman injects 20 millions just after you've spent 20 millions on players lol

Yeah I am not disputing that either.....I have been playing this game as long as everyone else and never been fired until now. So I wouldn't say I am a total crap manager but this time it was just an almost unbeleivable sequence of events that led to my dismassal.....it just seemed as though I couldn't do anything to right the ship.

plymouth - i've turned them into birmingham - up, then down, then up, then down.

i struggle in the championship but usually go up via playoffs, do a top ten premiership start then nearly always collapse after xmas. or maybe i'm hull? lol. but, i'm enjoying it and it's probably the best plymouth would do in real life anyway.

I find it bewildering that there are so many people managing Notts Co. They have to be one of the most popular teams on FM.

I can't stand 'em personally :D

Strange isn't it - an unfashionable club who've been hanging onto league two status by the skin of their fingers for the past couple of years suddenly get a bit of cash behind them, then all of a sudden they're the 'team to be' in FM10. I know the team you manage is all down to personal choice but posts like this;

im doing fine as Notts currently in the Premier League and doing ok. The reasons for me choosing Notts and not a bigger club was cuz/because i wanted to get them to the top flight not just manage some team already in it and buy the players to win

........ , well they just make me smile :p You dont want to 'buy the players to win', but in turn take control of the richest club in the below the outside of the top two divisions! Why not take the likes of Bradford or Crewe back up? Try looking even lower to the Blue Square divisions - plenty of teams to work with (Luton, AFA Wimbledon, Weymouth and my favourite Farsely Celtic)

PS. I'm a Nottingham Forest fan so I hate County with a passion, whether they have money or not :p

what i meant was i would rather start lower down the league then be Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal at the mentioned clubs all i would have to do is sign a few players and get the result. Notts Co offers the chance of starting at League 2 with a lot of money and building a team thats capable of earning 3 promotions to be in the Premier League. Oh and i got Luton to the Championship just having a break from that save

what i meant was i would rather start lower down the league then be Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal at the mentioned clubs all i would have to do is sign a few players and get the result. Notts Co offers the chance of starting at League 2 with a lot of money and building a team thats capable of earning 3 promotions to be in the Premier League. Oh and i got Luton to the Championship just having a break from that save

I see what you mean, but why do you need a lot of money to build a team up? The games called Football Manager which kinda hints towards maybe managing the players you have to achieve things (as opposed to just buying a whole new team)

i didnt buy a whole new team in my first season during the 1st transfer window i brought in 3 players 1 of which i payed for and the other 2 free i also loaned in a few players during the 2nd window i brought in 3 youngsters as Notts Co squad is old and by January they where struggling in the end i spent £2m first season which got me promoted.

2nd Season i let 13 players go so i brought 7 players in during the 1st window and 3 during the 2nd window which cost me £8m but got me promoted.

3rd season i let 7 players go earning me £8m i brought in 8 players to replace those who had left which cost me £10m but again got me promoted

4th season i let 4 players go which earnt me £3m i then brought 4 players in costing me £20m (needed to spent a fair amount that season as i wanted to stay in the Premier League)

and like i said i have taken Luton to the Championship and fancied a side with a bit of money as my Luton sides finaces and staduim size where holding me back

Archived