Body mass index

Do u support BMI in FM?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do u support BMI in FM?

We have Height and Weight attributes in FM. Do you support implementing BMI (Body mass index) in the game based on Height and Weight?

____

If this index exceed natural state than u have to manage it by special training because high BMI can badly affect on player’s pace, acceleration, agility and so on.

What's the point anyway? You might want to mention WHY you'd like it in the game.

Besides, BMI is a stupid and outdated thing invented in the middle of the 19th century that holds little scientific value, and is only useful for creating misleading statistics

Are you mental? What difference does having a player's BMI in the game really make? If you really care that much about it, you can just put their height and weight into a BMI calculator and bingo!

Stupid idea imo

I understend that. But Calcaulate it or not it is not have impact on player's phisics currently. I propose to change this thing but not just having BMI in player's attributes

BMI is useless in real life, so it would useless in the game. Doesnt take into account the amount of fat vs muscle.

BMI is good becouse it is easy to calculate. The main thing is not sciantific conformation of this index but that it can show fatness aproximatly, while fatless is realy important for any footballers

BMI is good becouse it is easy to calculate. The main thing is not sciantific conformation of this index but that it can show fatness aproximatly, while fatless is realy important for any footballers

It would be fairly useless for a footballer actually. Their mass would consist of muscle, which is heavier than fat. Ergo they could have the same amount of flesh,but it would weigh heavier and distort the BMI making them appear fatter than they actually were.

It would be fairly useless for a footballer actually. Their mass would consist of muscle, which is heavier than fat. Ergo they could have the same amount of flesh,but it would weigh heavier and distort the BMI making them appear fatter than they actually were.

it can be rehulated by incrising norm rate

You do realise that height has no bearing in the match engine? I don't think weight does either. So you're suggestion would be a bit pointless really.

Then add into that how hugely flawed BMI is, and the idea is a no go.

Correct, weight also has no influence (though height affects the animation shown sometimes).

You do realise that height has no bearing in the match engine? I don't think weight does either. So you're suggestion would be a bit pointless really.

That is true, however a player's height and weight are used to help determine other attributes, such as pace, stamina, jumping, etc

Guest roberto922
Well muscle can make you have a higher BMI, and muscle is never a bad thing....

http://loscuatroojos.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/muscle-woman.jpg

?

And ooh while we're adding stupid ratings can I have the body fat % of each player, and a rating out of 10 for attractiveness, only the best lookers get on my team of course.

Oh, and maybe we can have a rating out of 20 for how good each attribute is! So we could have the original attribute, then have it marked out of 20. That would be almost as useful as the BMI :thup:

This is honestly within the top ten worst suggestions ever.

Right up there with: "Why can't Football Manager be more like Championship Manager?"

Bravo!

The BMI index is an outdated system that holds little genuine meaning and in fact in a sporting context is completely irrelevent as it leads to extremely misleading statistics in all by the "average" person. This is because it was designed as a body fat predictor using the most common body type as the basis of the model. It however doesn't account for musclular builds (very common in sport) and as such doesn't offer valuable information for sport.

Try it on some Rugby players!

Archived