Player rating 1-100 insted of 1-20

Hi guys am a fifa manager fan or should i rather say i was. Have to give it fm is the best regardless of the fifa manager s 3d match engine.

One thing i that would have toped it up for me is if the player attributes were shown from 1 to 100 insted of 1 - 20

can anyone tell me how do i do this.

i am also having problems with the data editor its just that i cant even see the text in the boxes were you search its just white but when i high light it by selecting all i can then see it but not when typing it i tried changing the colour and stuff on my 50 inch lg tv monitor but still no luck in seeing the texts

is there a way that i can chnge the colour of the text in the editor ? please help me

One thing i that would have toped it up for me is if the player attributes were shown from 1 to 100 insted of 1 - 20

I disagree my friend. Can you seriously tell me it makes the slightest bit of difference whether a player has a Determination of 69 as opposed to one of 68?

I think ratings out of 20 is just about spot on, marks out of ten is to imprecise and anything higher is unneccesary.

I disagree my friend. Can you seriously tell me it makes the slightest bit of difference whether a player has a Determination of 69 as opposed to one of 68?

I think ratings out of 20 is just about spot on, marks out of ten is to imprecise and anything higher is unneccesary.

Agreed. SI have it spot on having attributes up to 20, CM has up too 100, which is disgusting to look at after many years of FM!

Haven't owned a CM since 01/02, thank god!

Only difference I would make is now with the ever advancing lower-levels in FM, there should perhaps be 1 - 25 for stats rather than the current 1 - 20. However, 1 - 100 is a terrible concept, I mean a players pace can't be measured in notches of 1 is that a few milliseconds or what?

There are a few areas to do with stats I'd like reformed - physical areas especially, there is no reason why some players in lower levels are considerably weaker than the players in the premiership and strength should be much more easily increased or decreased perhaps with a pace trade-off at higher levels so you can't breed a supremely strong side and still keep them above 12 pace etc.

A more recent example of this I can think of was in the season stoke got promoted, our right winger Liam Lawrence was getting outmuscled and he spent the winter months training and he was a bit slower after for the rest of the season; but he was a lot more powerful and a better player for how we played. I would say during that time in FM terms he probably lost 2 points of pace and gained 3 in strength.

Still, no reason at all - ever for FM to go to 1 - 100.

No, but 69 or 60 would make a difference.

I think a 100 rating gives more detail and that can only be a good thing.

a 1000 rating would be better then or even 1000000. Anyway the ME uses 1000 rating system so a striker can have 16,9 in finishing but it will show 16 in his profile; but in the ME it will work like 16,9 = 845

I think 1-20 is spot on. less to imprecise more too confusing and harder.

The underlying game is 1-100 anyway, just scaled for ease-of-use.

By ease-of-use is that you have users trying to compare differences of 1-2 when in reality that is tiny! A difference of 1 on a 20-scale is a solid and sensible measurement - not a great deal, but 2-3 points is "a lot".

quick question, since this topic is up anyway:

are the players' ratings relative to the division they are currently playing in?

Example: a 15 in the championship would correspond to a 10 in the premiership?

Couldn't find anything in this respect in the manual.

Cheers!

Tbf to the original poster, it would merely be implying the same principle that SI applied to the match ratings system.

No, a 15 regardless of the league is a 15, so a striker with 15 pace in the blue square north is just as fast as a player with pace as 15 in the premiership (before acceleration and other attributes are taken into account) but given that the player in the premiership is likely to be more agile, more responsive etc you would still expect him to get there first.

Archived