If you want to leave then why don't you?

I'm starting my 4th season with Man City and am looking to challenger for the title as i've broken into the top four.

I have a variety of players young and old who either dislike me, want to leave or are moaning about a lack of football. I have granted most of the players' their leaving wish but they refuse to go!

Countless times Corluka, Jimenez and Kalouda have slated me wanting to leave but just dont't, stateing a 'poor contract offer' or 'lower standard of football' as reasons for staying.

Kalouda was the worst culprit as it took me a year to sell him after rejecting countless contracts from Liverpool only to eventually sign for a miserly £35,000 a week and a squad rotation place!

Has anyone else suffered from this a it's distrupting my pre-season bargain hunting.

Thanks in advance

Just transfer list them and set their rtatus to 'not needed at the club' or at least 'backup to the 1st team'. Also offer him to clubs for what you'd like to recieve for him and even if a host of teams reply saying the asking price is too high at least you'l have an idea of who is interested when you do really need to get rid of him.

Only time Iv had a player who rejected a contract from other teams was when he was still set as an 'important first team player', or when ridiculously rubbish teams tried to get him, Scottish 1st division teams where they'd be head and shoulders above everyone.

Iv had the message where the player wants you to pay out the remainder of what the other team cant pay to match his wage demands.

• SI Staff

Have you made sure when you want to get rid of players, that you have set the squad status to "not needed", placed them to rot in the reserves and transfer listed them, if they are refusing a mutual agreement or asking too much money?

(That's one long sentence icon_wink.gif )

Archived