Hit the post every game

same here, can't be the tactics

Tactics no, but players yes. If your strikers prefer to place their shots (ie aim for top & bottom corners) then they're more likely to miss or hit the woodwork.

Usually, if you train your player to place shots, then his finishing technical ability usually drops a few points. I usually steer clear of that player instruction and just let 'em play how they want.

But saying that, I have noticed some increase from last year's game. Probably something that needs tweaking in the December patch I reckon...

Yeah there's definitely excessive post hitting in the game. I played a network game as Real Madrid and approx. 3 times a game I would hit the post.

However in my proper game I have Charlie Mulgrew taking my free kicks at Coventry and he is immense - scores about 1 every two games but seems to hit the post every single game. I think it's the match engine compromising between him being excellent at free kicks and not scoring an unrealistic amount - the post is the best of both worlds it seems.

Tactics no, but players yes. If your strikers prefer to place their shots (ie aim for top & bottom corners) then they're more likely to miss or hit the woodwork.

Usually, if you train your player to place shots, then his finishing technical ability usually drops a few points. I usually steer clear of that player instruction and just let 'em play how they want.

But saying that, I have noticed some increase from last year's game. Probably something that needs tweaking in the December patch I reckon...

Why do you assume this needs tweaking, seriously i get some woodwork as well, yes it annoying, Why don't we tweak the game so the AI never scores against you. Stop saying things are an issue when they ain't

The "post-hitting" almost made FM09 unplayable for me - I swear I hit the post at least two-three times every match, at least if I was piling on the pressure and creating lots of chances. There were numerous threads about this problem on the forum a while ago. I still hit the woodwork more than what I feel is realistic, but I don't think it's as bad as in FM09.

i must point out this a problem on every football game i ever played on. i see shots hit the post on the game that often that i now dont even consider it to have been close to going in. not sure if im allowed to say this here but i play fifa10 and probably hit the woodwork 3 times a game on that as well

Why do you assume this needs tweaking, seriously i get some woodwork as well, yes it annoying, Why don't we tweak the game so the AI never scores against you. Stop saying things are an issue when they ain't

Come on your over reacting here. You only have to read the thread to realise it's a common problem.

No one's asking to be able to win every game and the AI not to score but it's more of a realism issue. Teams don't hit the post every game fact. It is a rarity in real life but it happens every game just about and not just once at least twice.

I will post it in the bugs section anyway.

If my score was in crossbar hits all my games would finish 3-2. But there usually 1-0. Dont care what anyone says def prob. At spurs renamed Peter "Crossbar" Crouch, and Robbie "Crossbar" Keane. But Defoe keeps baggin so im not that angry with it, Yet ! ! !

People hit the post quite regularly in real life though, in an open attacking game where there are lots of chances the post gets hit 2-3 times usually. So i think you need to be more specific, if it is games where there are few chances and all are hitting the woodwork then there could be an issue, but if it is just a case of 'I had 10 shots and 3 hit the post' then its not a real problem.

Crouch last game 6 shots 2 crossbar,1 post keane 2 shots 1 crossbar. Game before

Crouch 3 shots 1 crossbar 1 post none for defoe but keane managed 2 crossbars from the bench in 25 mins, 2 shots,

Won both games but if i start losin i will be the first one on here rantin

And these are just my 2 last games.

Archived