I dont understand

I was top of League 1, 15 games unbeaten run, played 20, conceeded 9 goals.

Then I lose one game 3-2, ok no big deal.

Next 10 games, conceeded 21, lost 5, won 1 drawn 4.

I'm sorry but, I don't understand how one loss can suddenly turn the morale to the point where the best defence by a mile becomes just about the worst, where even the bottom team in the league are going 2-3 goals up in the first 10 mins, and suddenly my strikers cannot hit a shot on target and my defenders cannot tackle. A good defence will always be a good defence, one or two dodgy games ok, it happens to them all, and a decent striker does not suddenly become hopeless, unless the tactics change for instance, which mine didnt.

Just think its a bit weird.

Look at villa last season, lost only once in the opening 13 games, then only won once in the next 12 or so?

This sort of thing does happen in real life.

Maybe, but now a striker who was scoring for me with every other shot might hit the target about 1 in 7 or 8 times, let alone score, and my defence dont seem to be able to tavkle at all, its not so much the results, its more that one minute my team is strong in all areas, the next minute i cant tackle pass or shoot.

Have you been using the player interaction to improve morale? Sounds like your team lost morale.

For e.g.

Below 6.70 after 5 games - comment recent performance below par

6.71- 7.10 - comment recent performance acceptable

7.11-7.30 - comment pleased with recent performance

7.31 - higher - comment delighted with recent performance

Do the above and you will get your players morale up. Also, take control of reserves and U18's, you can then pick first team players/fringe players and play them and (hopefully) win comfortably which will increase their morale. Then put them back in the 1st team.

Just a few pointers. Sorry if I am teaching you to sick eggs.

Maybe, but now a striker who was scoring for me with every other shot might hit the target about 1 in 7 or 8 times, let alone score, and my defence dont seem to be able to tavkle at all, its not so much the results, its more that one minute my team is strong in all areas, the next minute i cant tackle pass or shoot.

Villa and Hull last season being 2 cases in point. As for the striker, remember Adebayor 2 seasons ago, banging them in til January and after we beat them 5-1 (and him and Bender had their little headbutt session) he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Many strikers are streaky scorers.

I believe your game is replicating the joy that is football.

I have noticed in FM10 that there is a slight unrealistic feel in regards to form. What I mean is, like the OP said, as soon as you lose one game after an unbeaten run, it all sees to go very wrong for quite a while....

And I have noticed that if you have lost one, maybe two after that unbeaten run, most players ratings and morale seem to take a nose-dive, very frustrating....

Archived