Bleeding Money

I'm starting to get a bit concerned about my finances. I'm playing as Sunderland and I've just entered February 2010. Because of the 'payment after x games' deals done in real life, every now and then a pretty large some of money will go to out of the club's accounts. The club's balance started out at £36mil and has rapidly gone down hill every since to the point that there's now £13mil left in the bank, give or take. I'm worried that I'll get a terrible budget next season when I want to kick on and bring in some players of real quality, but I've got no idea how to claw some money back. I've tried selling players and no one will touch them, I've tried asking for a feeder club and prayer I'd get an American or far Eastern commercial deal, but obviously I'm not the highest profile club and I'm getting offers from the UK and Ireland instead. Any ideas?

Your finances will receive a boost at the end of the season with prize money and TV revenue, so not much too worry about. As stated in a few other threads, most clubs lose money monthly but it's made up mainly by those 2 factors in the close season. Winning cups will give you a boost as well.

You may as well accept one of the recommendations for feeder clubs as the board probably won't offer you anything as far as commercial links go until you have some others set up.

Archived