the Adriano (inter) case

wow i must have been sleeping to not notice adriano case!!!!

in my FM my Assis Man. advise me to buy Adriano which was a surprise due to the current status of my club. more surprising is that is playing for Flamengo.

in his transfer history there is no transfer fees from inter to flamengo not even for free????? so I wiki* him then read he all story.

damn it's sad. so now i want to buy him and get him back on top.

but should i or not? anyone got him on his team? is he still good play at a high level?

*wikipedia

Adriano when at Parma, I have to say was my favourite player :)

His sheer strength on the ball, power in his shots and his ball skill intrigued me :D

No doubt, he's still got what it takes, and IMO can still play at the highest level - however, handle with care.

His contract is up at the end of the first season so i made a fly £600,000 bid and then said they wanted £1,000,000 so i agreed and now hes scoring for fun in the SPl with Celtic, But Sometimes he can have a bad game .

Sounds like a great deal to me. Any player can have a bad day. But when you consider the bargain yo u got I certainly wouldn't complain either. Not that I'm saying you are.

What about big Ronaldo? Is he any good this year?

class he is. only for first season though, snapped him for free with villa first season, came 11th due to having mass injury problems but he was my top scorer on 21 in 27 games which tbf is great, 2nd season he wasnt to good as i signed vela and he took over and eventually sold ronaldo. but yeah in answer to your question great for first year to fire in goals id say teams like bolton stoke etc would be great for.

barns

wow i must have been sleeping to not notice adriano case!!!!

in my FM my Assis Man. advise me to buy Adriano which was a surprise due to the current status of my club. more surprising is that is playing for Flamengo.

in his transfer history there is no transfer fees from inter to flamengo not even for free????? so I wiki* him then read he all story.

damn it's sad. so now i want to buy him and get him back on top.

but should i or not? anyone got him on his team? is he still good play at a high level?

*wikipedia

Yes,this story is sad.

Inter's Chairman treated Adriano like his son,and Inter's staff treated Adriano like a family,fans loved him.

And what did they get in return from him?they got an amazing player that after signing one of the richest contracts in Italy,completely stopped caring for the team and fans.

And how did it all end?that 1day Adriano decided to dont return to Italy from Brazil,without telling anyone and making Inter not only lose his value because no one would buy him,but he even got payed millions for ending the contract.

So in the end all he did was play great for a couple of seasons,get a rich contract,and then just steal Inter's money to the point of breaking the contract.....without even making them win something before that.

So,TC,the last part of that post should be:"so now i want to buy Inter and get them back on top".... ;-D

Sunderland signed Ronaldo and I think he finished 3rd top scorer with something like 25 goals, so he is definitely still quality. I also randomly found Rivaldo a few days back, and his stats are ridiculous...why he is in...uzbekistan? i think is beyond me...

With regard to Adriano, he is definitely one of the best strikers around...unfortunately he is as unpredictable as my cooking...you never know what's gonna happen...fortunately, unlike my cooking, most of the time he turns out pretty good :)

Sunderland signed Ronaldo and I think he finished 3rd top scorer with something like 25 goals, so he is definitely still quality. I also randomly found Rivaldo a few days back, and his stats are ridiculous...why he is in...uzbekistan? i think is beyond me...

With regard to Adriano, he is definitely one of the best strikers around...unfortunately he is as unpredictable as my cooking...you never know what's gonna happen...fortunately, unlike my cooking, most of the time he turns out pretty good :)

:) to be honest I think Rivaldo is way too good in FM. but I'm enjoying him in my team

• 4 months later...

bought Adriano quite a few times in the many games i have started and the one thing i have always noticed that he does indeed smash goals in for fun in the 1st season.

£7.5mil will get him, problem is, even after scoring 50 goals in a season up front with Torres, who bagged 40 himself, he always goes into a decline after the first season.

doesnt matter how many games he plays for club and country, his stats drop a fair bit in the 2nd season, i never get to use him in the 3rd season at the club, i have panicked already and sold him before he gets any worse.

his ca/pa at start of game 162/173 and half way thro the 2nd season, i had to find out what was going on , so i used that fmrte thing to check and he had dropped to 149/173. not even hit 29 yrs of age and he is winding down to retirement.

he stayed pretty injury free 1st season, scored so many goals, played nearly every game, club and country yet his decline is unstoppable in fm2010.

i have lost count of the number of games i have tried to get him to stay in tip top condition, but i suppose 7.5 mil for 2 seasons of awesome target man play and free kicks is worth it. plus you easily get your money back when you do have to sell him, which is such a shame because for his freekicks alone, he must have had about 10 DFK, easily, in his first season

anybody else find this happen to them?

i have rambled on and on but i havent found a better partner for Torres in all the games i have played, would be nice to get 3 seasons out of him, have him to start declining at 30 at least.

oh well, nvm

p.s.

if he has a truly awesome season, he normally does first year, even at liverpool, he becomes an icon and the fans go mad when you have to sell him at end of 2nd season.

Archived