FM09 won't run on Windows 7

Hi,

I've just bought a shiny new PC with Windows 7, and a nice new copy of FM09 to play on it, which says it is compatible with 7...turns out it is not!

When I put the installation CD in, it starts to whir and then nothing happens. The CD does not appear in My Computer and nothing appears anywhere.

I double checked and I have a DVD reader (FS09 I think is in the DVD format, compared with FS08 which loads fine but is not a DVD) and plenty of memory as the PC is brand new.

I didn't think it would be this difficult - does anyone have any ideas as I have stretched my (somewhat limited!) computer knowledge and can't think of what else to do!!

Hi,

I've just bought a shiny new PC with Windows 7, and a nice new copy of FM09 to play on it, which says it is compatible with 7...turns out it is not!

When I put the installation CD in, it starts to whir and then nothing happens. The CD does not appear in My Computer and nothing appears anywhere.

I double checked and I have a DVD reader (FS09 I think is in the DVD format, compared with FS08 which loads fine but is not a DVD) and plenty of memory as the PC is brand new.

I didn't think it would be this difficult - does anyone have any ideas as I have stretched my (somewhat limited!) computer knowledge and can't think of what else to do!!

Can your copy of FM 2009 play on Vista using the same machine?

Hi,

I can confirim that I played FM2009 on Windows 7 64 Bit for months. If the DVD isn;t showing up, it sounds like the drive may not be compatible with the DVD. Does happen. Have had to swap out a number of customers drives becuase their Kodak DVD's won't play in the drives, but other DVD's do.

Hi,

Sounds like a falty dvd, i can comferm as well it runs on my win7 64bit pc

Firstly I would suggest updating your graphics card drivers, directx and Java. Just because you have a new pc doesn't mean that the drivers are up to date. You should also get the latest patch for fm2009 and a data update if you want the latest transfers. You'll get the data update from the editors hideaway. I had a similar problem with trying to install fm2010. I had to remove and retry inserting the dvd a few times before it showed up.

I can confirim that I played FM2009 on Windows 7 64 Bit for months. If the DVD isn;t showing up, it sounds like the drive may not be compatible with the DVD. Does happen. Have had to swap out a number of customers drives becuase their Kodak DVD's won't play in the drives, but other DVD's do.

Thanks for that - so is the only thing to do to go back to the shop and get it fixed?

Archived