Staff Current/Potential Ability

Hi all, just a quick question about Staff members (i.e Coaches, Assistant's ect) they obviously have a current and potential ability rating at the start of the game. Does anyone know if the CA will go up and down just like a players ? And does it make any difference to how well they train the players ??

How can you tell what star rating a coach has too?

Say for example, I sign a coach rated 20 for tactics, but if I put him solely on tactics training, sometimes they are only 3 star, I would have assumed it just relates to their stat in that field of training, yet clearly not.

Say for example, I sign a coach rated 20 for tactics, but if I put him solely on tactics training, sometimes they are only 3 star, I would have assumed it just relates to their stat in that field of training, yet clearly not.

All training uses Discipline, Determination & Motivating, so these attributes need to be high for a 5 star coach.

For tactics the major attribute is tactics.

For attacking, the major attribute is attacking, but tactics training also plays a part.

There'll be exact stats somewhere over in the training forum

there's an excel file that someone kindly created for us that you can download and use to find out what stars a coach will be in each category... I'll find it and edit this with linkage...

edit: here we go > this oughta be stickied somehwere!!

I don't think so, unfortunately. That's why I tend to hire younger coaches (under 40) if they have a few good attributes and see if they increase...I simply assume that older coaches/scouts/etc. are already at their peak.

Yup that is the best way to find potentially good future coaches. I use scout apps, and those with big potential are usually in their 30s

I'd love to be able to "Train" coaches or retiring players, ie send them to get new badges and on new courses etc. I think that'd be a great addition to the game....

An excellent idea I think.

there's an excel file that someone kindly created for us that you can download and use to find out what stars a coach will be in each category... I'll find it and edit this with linkage...

This tool is really useful but it shouldnt be the case that you need something like this to figure out how good a coach someone will be.

Training is one area I'd like to see some work on, actually.

Archived