Crazy Transfer fees....

Not every club wants to sell every player they have. Consider this one those players. :) If I don't want to sell a player, I tell a club that they will have to may stupid amounts, and they quickly pull out.

I think that's the case. I do the same and clubs do that because it's a win-win situation. If you pay the money, they get 100 million if you don't they keep the player.

You can negotiate them down. Unfortunately we are living in the days of inflated transfer fees, and I think SI have got it spot on. If I don't want so sell someone I won't - at least not for crazy money, like BigC said. And would expect the AI to do exactly that also, especially a clb like Barce who aren't exactly poor...

Man Utd didn't want to sell Ronaldo, and even though he desperately wanted to leave they were still able to fetch in £80m for him, imagine how much that would have been on top if Ronaldo was happy to stay at Man Utd. But odds are, you haven't tried unsettling Bojan, Barcelona are still at the height of their powers of domestic football and financial prowess. If you've got a new, shiny, 60" flat screen tv in your living room, with 5 years insurance/guarantee (and you didn't even have to pay for it) and someone offers you £50 for it, you'd laugh them out the house.

Yes they really want it, but its worth so much more to you than that. In this case Bojan is worth far more to Barcelona than the £50m you offered them.

:thup:

Man Utd didn't want to sell Ronaldo, and even though he desperately wanted to leave they were still able to fetch in £80m for him, imagine how much that would have been on top if Ronaldo was happy to stay at Man Utd. But odds are, you haven't tried unsettling Bojan, Barcelona are still at the height of their powers of domestic football and financial prowess. If you've got a new, shiny, 60" flat screen tv in your living room, with 5 years insurance/guarantee (and you didn't even have to pay for it) and someone offers you £50 for it, you'd laugh them out the house.

Yes they really want it, but its worth so much more to you than that. In this case Bojan is worth far more to Barcelona than the £50m you offered them.

Spot on! Great way of looking at it :D:thup:

I don't think this is unrealistic to be honest.

If you are trying to buy a teams best player they name the price they will accept and then it's up to you to pay it or not. It's not really any different than Man Utd asking £80' date='000,000 for Ronaldo really.[/quote']

I couldn't agree more! :thup:Like I said earlier, transfer fees are now very inflated, and we have no-one to blame/thank but Man City and Real Madrid for a summer in which they obviously spent far too much time in the sun.

I had it backfire on me once though, told Inter they would need £20m for Carlos Vela on FM08 after about 1 season, and they made the bid, chairman accepted it, and Vela left. :(

It adds some realism to the game, big clubs aren't always going to sell their big players, they will want to hold on to them, and if they are gonna sell them, they make damn sure they can get a replacement. I noticed that if you sold a player for a lot, then it would have repercussions on the price you need to pay for players too. I sold Fabregas for £70m, figuring I would be able to get a replacement for peanuts compared. But the only player I could find that could possibly replace him was Jeremy Toulalan, who ended up costing me £70m to sign :( He was well worth that though, but I should have just held on to Fabregas.

I had it backfire on me once though, told Inter they would need £20m for Carlos Vela on FM08 after about 1 season, and they made the bid, chairman accepted it, and Vela left. :(

It adds some realism to the game, big clubs aren't always going to sell their big players, they will want to hold on to them, and if they are gonna sell them, they make damn sure they can get a replacement. I noticed that if you sold a player for a lot, then it would have repercussions on the price you need to pay for players too. I sold Fabregas for £70m, figuring I would be able to get a replacement for peanuts compared. But the only player I could find that could possibly replace him was Jeremy Toulalan, who ended up costing me £70m to sign :( He was well worth that though, but I should have just held on to Fabregas.

Rule number one of FM is you don't sell the Cesc machine. Naughty naughty!!! :D

I've set my keepers asking fee at 50M purely coz I don't want to get rid of him. There were rumours that a couple of clubs were going to offer 27M-ish but they never materialized.

Yeah if I wan't to keep someone I just change the fee to crazy money (No-one's accepted yet). Stops the player getting angry if they want to talk to the club but then said club pulls out.

They should just reject my bid and not ask for 109M....

They as good as have. What they're are saying is that no, we don't want to sell him to you, but in case you wondering, we do feel that £109m is adequate compensation should you actually be insane enough to pay that.

My personal transfer record was for Fabregas when I was at AC Milan on '09. Paid £110m (and that was negotiated down from £209m) and he's worth every penny. If you want the player enough and can afford it then great if not. Set your sights elsewhere.

They should just reject my bid and not ask for 109M....

When you just don't want to sell, you never give a straight no as an answer nevertheless. Instead you ask for a crazy amount of money and if they are happy to pay that, then fine, they can have the player.

Thus, the demanded sum may not be mistaken as the realistic evaluation of the player's worth by Barca. It just means, 'we don't want to sell at all, but we won't say no if you offer a really inproportionate amount of money'.

I disagree. Sometimes clubs should flat out reject approaches. No matter what you offer Barcelona, they are not going to sell you Messi for instance. He is irreplaceable and as such has no sale value - not unless they are skint or he wants to leave. Quoting a price, even a stupid price, only entertains the thought of a transfer as much as it may deter a club.

I agree it is realistic for clubs to over rate players to ward off interest. But this is where the club is willing to entertain a sale if the price is too good to turn down.

I disagree. Sometimes clubs should flat out reject approaches. No matter what you offer Barcelona, they are not going to sell you Messi for instance. He is irreplaceable and as such has no sale value - not unless they are skint or he wants to leave. Quoting a price, even a stupid price, only entertains the thought of a transfer as much as it may deter a club.

I agree it is realistic for clubs to over rate players to ward off interest. But this is where the club is willing to entertain a sale if the price is too good to turn down.

There is already a fee which Barcelona have to accept for Messi regardless. That is probably the figure they would tell you that you had to offer, they can't simply say no if the release clause is met that all players in Spain have to have as far as I'm aware.

His release clause is currently £217m on my save. If you offered Barcelona around £100 - £120m upfront, no installments or appearance based payments etc like most deals are done these days, I do believe they'd accept.

Funnily enough, just offered Barcelona £110m in the game for Messi, and they accepted. No board interference just a shame that as Stoke I don't have the money to fund that transfer nor the money to pay his wages.

this is simply resolved IF you have the money, carry on bidding until the club decide that actually they should sell him, so in your case they offer £109m, decrease that figure to about £50 or £60m, and the chairman will intervene and let you have the player for about that much... its how i get the top players, BUT i only do it if i can afford to spend that much on one player

I wouldn't offer £109m any way, thats generally where they want to start the negotiations. Up your original offer a little at a time, up to a maximum of what you can afford/deem necessary, if they are still not willing to agree then pull out.

Most I spent on a transfer was £70 million for Fernando Torres and also for Jeremy Toulalan...I also tried to buy Zlatan Ibrahimovic once...took me an offer of £150 million for Inter to even accept...and after all that the player didn't even want to come! I was offering something like £150k a week too...probably for the best he didn't come :p I went out and signed Karim Benzema for £40m instead...

Clubs do just flat out reject offers most of the time, they only start to negotiate when you get up to a certain value...ever heard the saying "Every player has their price"? Well it's true...

Clubs do just flat out reject offers most of the time, they only start to negotiate when you get up to a certain value...ever heard the saying "Every player has their price"? Well it's true...

Spot on :thup:, it is an unfortunate truth now that most football clubs nowadays are run first and foremost as a business.

I’m getting a bit annoyed with the prices that clubs are charging for youngsters.

One of my favourite parts of FM was sending the scouts out to find as many 16 to 18 year olds as possible. I’d buy in five to ten three star and above players every season ranging from 100k to 2million in price. Then progressively nurture (some) of them into superstars.

I’m finding in FM10 that any three to four star youngster valued at around 300k will actually require a bid of around 10 to 20 million to acquire them. Now I take all the points raised in previous posts, if a club doesn’t want to sell, no reasonable price will be good enough. But seriously, in the real game, how many clubs would reject a 2 to 5 million bid for a 16 year old.

I’m getting a bit annoyed with the prices that clubs are charging for youngsters.

One of my favourite parts of FM was sending the scouts out to find as many 16 to 18 year olds as possible. I’d buy in five to ten three star and above players every season ranging from 100k to 2million in price. Then progressively nurture (some) of them into superstars.

I’m finding in FM10 that any three to four star youngster valued at around 300k will actually require a bid of around 10 to 20 million to acquire them. Now I take all the points raised in previous posts, if a club doesn’t want to sell, no reasonable price will be good enough. But seriously, in the real game, how many clubs would reject a 2 to 5 million bid for a 16 year old.

Er, Southampton for one... Theo Walcott instantly springs to mind, and Bale didn't go cheap.

Rodney Sneijder from Ajax is generally available for £3m ish at most and he has the potential to be as good as Wesley Sneijder. Depends on the club/youngster/PA/finances etc etc.

That does seem quite extreme...although it also should convince you to develop your own youth rather than picking up the best youths from around the world and hoping some of them turn out good...this should leave you to only go out and pay the money for the real top quality that is out there...after all you won't need to buy in new youth players every season...so while it does seem ridiculous, it could also be a good thing...

Tbh I think some transfer prices are ridiculous. When a club makes an offer for one of my key players, thats worth for example 7mil EUR, the club will offer something like 15mil EUR. But when I want to buy a player thats worth 7mil EUR, ill have to pay around 20 to 25mil EUR.

Tbh I think some transfer prices are ridiculous. When a club makes an offer for one of my key players, thats worth for example 7mil EUR, the club will offer something like 15mil EUR. But when I want to buy a player thats worth 7mil EUR, ill have to pay around 20 to 25mil EUR.

The moral of this story is when the AI bids for one our your players worth 7mil EUR, negotiate it to 20 to 25 mil EUR. Play them at their own game.

The moral of this story is when the AI bids for one our your players worth 7mil EUR, negotiate it to 20 to 25 mil EUR. Play them at their own game.

Thats the silly part, they always stop bidding when I ask the same price as they do for their players.

I found that too, the AI will pay stupid amounts between other clubs, but not for the players when I have them. I started Fiorentina careers a couple times on FM08, and they have Adrian Mutu. Now usually either Liverpool or Arsenal will make a move in the first window and sign him for over £30 million. When he is my player, they won't go over about £20 million...and the second they make a bid for him, he wanted to leave...it was frustrating...especially because he had the potential to be a key player for Fiorentina...

I found that too, the AI will pay stupid amounts between other clubs, but not for the players when I have them. I started Fiorentina careers a couple times on FM08, and they have Adrian Mutu. Now usually either Liverpool or Arsenal will make a move in the first window and sign him for over £30 million. When he is my player, they won't go over about £20 million...and the second they make a bid for him, he wanted to leave...it was frustrating...especially because he had the potential to be a key player for Fiorentina...

I think this is in the first window, you have standard attributes of 10 accross the board, which means that until you have proven yourself as a manager, and have a good relationship with that player to keep him happy, the AI can rip you off slightly. That said, when managing Inter I held out and got £24m for Cambiasso.

:O

I would never sell Cambiasso at Inter...I managed there for around 3 seasons, and he was incredible :p Vital to the entire running of my team. He was also my Vice Captain. Christian Chivu was immense as Captain :p although Marco Materazzi wasn't too happy at being replaced :)

I did regret it afterwards, but he was on valued at £6.5m and Chelsea enquired, I said £24m (thinking they wouldn't go that high) they did so I sold him. To be fair I still had Vieira, Motta, Muntari, and the sale funded moves for Van der Vaart and Jack Rodwell.

Is anyone else having trouble offloading your more mediocre players?

I.e. in FMs gone by. If I had a fringe player worth about 3mill, in and out of the first team, I could easily "offer to clubs" and I would get at least couple of bites for them.

On FM10, I always get "No clubs find the transfer viable". Every single time.

SI simply cannot predict the way the transfer market will play out, or developments that will occur throughout the season. It's positively ridiculous to expect them to mirror reality. In the Bojan example, it's perfectly understandable that Barca don't want to sell him so quote an unbelievable fee.

Chelsea are looking at Aguero in January (according to press rumours), and trying to decide if £50m is worth it. In FM I don't think you can get him for £50m in the first season, and have to pay around £68m. But how do you expect SI to predict Aguero's club's change of heart? Figures banded about in the summer were around the £70m mark.

All they can go from is the researchers' current view of how much the club values a player and how likely it is that the player will leave. So the Bojan thing is fine, as are the other common complaint-targets, eg, David Villa, et al.

SI simply cannot predict the way the transfer market will play out, or developments that will occur throughout the season. It's positively ridiculous to expect them to mirror reality. In the Bojan example, it's perfectly understandable that Barca don't want to sell him so quote an unbelievable fee.

Chelsea are looking at Aguero in January (according to press rumours), and trying to decide if £50m is worth it. In FM I don't think you can get him for £50m in the first season, and have to pay around £68m. But how do you expect SI to predict Aguero's club's change of heart? Figures banded about in the summer were around the £70m mark.

All they can go from is the researchers' current view of how much the club values a player and how likely it is that the player will leave. So the Bojan thing is fine, as are the other common complaint-targets, eg, David Villa, et al.

aguero has a 53mil release fee. I have just activated it!

Lots - because of all these rules on Home Grown Players the value of good youngsters is rocketing.

Archived