What is manager promise

When you go into a players profile, then click on "personal", to the right side under Long term and short term happiness, there is "manager promise". All my players have "none" under manager promise and I would like to know how do I make a promise, I cant find it anywhere and it is not in "interact"

An example of this would be when a player wants a new contract. He'll mention something about this in the media, and usually you'll be asked a question in the press conference regarding whether you'll offer player x a contract.

There are several answer options you can give. If you say "I will definitely give X a contract" then that is a manager promise :thup:

It's been around since at least FM07 I think.

Of course, if you don't act on your promise, your player will get severely disgruntled.

It happens when you get news items from players and it depends on your response. For example, if a player complains to you about first team football, you get the chance to respond. If you say, he will get football in the coming weeks, this would be put into the manager promise section.

It happens when you get news items from players and it depends on your response. For example, if a player complains to you about first team football, you get the chance to respond. If you say, he will get football in the coming weeks, this would be put into the manager promise section.

I often say that and never noticed it in the promises section. I shall make sure to look next time.

Archived