Offer reduction in wages

I'm currently playing as Newcastle manager, in my second season after just being promoted.

In order to sort my wages out during the first season I was forced to offer mutual terminations to a number of players; Butt, Geremi etc. This left the players unhappy when they refused the terminations. Eventually they accepted after about 6/7 months.

Another method I tried was to offer them new contracts, but as my wage budget was exceeded the most I could offer was less than £10k a week... even though a new contract cutting their wages by £15k/£20k would save the club money.

Would it not make sense to have a seperate option for offering a reduction in wages. No matter how bad your wages are, a submenu within 'Offer New Contract' would allow the manager to offer a cut-price deal for a player that wants to stay but someone who is draining the club in wages?

To be honest, I still can't believe that this is still in the game. It's been in for years, and has been brought up on several occasions and it still remains the same.

If you're offering a current player a contract which reduces his wage, the board should be able to tell that it will cut the wages needed.

I'm currently playing as Newcastle manager, in my second season after just being promoted.

In order to sort my wages out during the first season I was forced to offer mutual terminations to a number of players; Butt, Geremi etc. This left the players unhappy when they refused the terminations. Eventually they accepted after about 6/7 months.

Another method I tried was to offer them new contracts, but as my wage budget was exceeded the most I could offer was less than £10k a week... even though a new contract cutting their wages by £15k/£20k would save the club money.

Would it not make sense to have a seperate option for offering a reduction in wages. No matter how bad your wages are, a submenu within 'Offer New Contract' would allow the manager to offer a cut-price deal for a player that wants to stay but someone who is draining the club in wages?

Would you take a huge wage cut?

Neither would they.

It happens in real life mate. Plus, when your wage budget isn't exceeded and you are able to offer them less money, they take it.

What do you think a mutual termination is? They get a lot less money than the total wages they would receive.

To be honest, I still can't believe that this is still in the game. It's been in for years, and has been brought up on several occasions and it still remains the same.

If you're offering a current player a contract which reduces his wage, the board should be able to tell that it will cut the wages needed.

The thing I can't believe is still in it is the scenario where you're slightly over your wage budget but you've got some players shipping out at the start of the transfer window. It doesn't take into account the reduction in wage bill when you try to sign players who won't join the club until they're gone.

It happens in real life mate. Plus, when your wage budget isn't exceeded and you are able to offer them less money, they take it.

What do you think a mutual termination is? They get a lot less money than the total wages they would receive.

I think I misunderstood the OP. Yeah if they're willing to take the cut then you should be able to offer it to them.

With mutual termination though, they could make more cash by signing for another club quickly and getting the MT money plus similar wages.

Archived