If "Its my tactics" please prove it!

May I make a suggestion, if SI are willing to cooperate.

If you feel the game is not giving you a chance, and that whatever you do you cannot get the result you want why not take a PKM just before kick off in a match (with team already selected & starting tactics fully set) then if the match went as you feared take a 2nd PKM of the aftermath. Post these together also with a detail of changes you made / in match observations, to SI then maybe they could spare someone to replay that match in the same circumstances with their experience & reply with their feedback / results.

It would be interesting.

Without wishing to nitpick... Cant a PKM only be created at the end of a match, and isnt it just a highlights package? An uploaded PKM could be played back, and viewed, but nothing in it could be changed... or have i got it completely wrong?

It is, however, a good idea, although rather than limiting it to SI, I think it would be good for the whole community to participate...

AI gives himself way too much cheap victories ! That game is frustrating me : 60/70% of the defensive errors are in favor of the AI ! You lose the ball at a very stupid way on the middle of the field ? GOAL for the AI ! That game nearly is unplayable !

True. very true

AI gives himself way too much cheap victories ! That game is frustrating me : 60/70% of the defensive errors are in favor of the AI ! You lose the ball at a very stupid way on the middle of the field ? GOAL for the AI ! That game nearly is unplayable !

This is impossible. The match engine cannot distinguish between the AI manager and the human user.

But a few people have uploaded save games just before an "unwinnable" match and so far, each game has been won pretty quickly by other users.

Upload a save game for others to try if you wish, but it's been proven again and again and again that all games are winnable when you have the superior players, or even if you are closely matched. EG, first season, Man U vs Wigan, you might not be able to beat Wigan with your vastly superior Man U side, but I bet a whole bunch of gamers on here could do it within a couple of goes; but if you are Wigan trying to beat Man U, it would take a lot more goes to get the victory. I'd concede that if you are playing as Accrington Stanley against Man U the ability to beat them diminishes much further, but those games people think they "should" be winning are always, always tactical.

This is impossible. The match engine cannot distinguish between the AI manager and the human user.

Thank you for some much needed sanity! That one line should be posted in big bold text at the top of the forum. Maybe people would think before spouting gibberish about the game favouring the AI. For crying out loud, the game can't tell the difference between the AI and the human user!

Thank you for some much needed sanity! That one line should be posted in big bold text at the top of the forum. Maybe people would think before spouting gibberish about the game favouring the AI. For crying out loud, the game can't tell the difference between the AI and the human user!

Technically it's entirely possible (indeed, quite easy) for the game to distinguish between an AI manager and a human manager. Infact, it does so constantly on at least one level - it's not waiting for the AI to click on any buttons to make any tactical changes.

Whether the ME does infact distinguish between human and AI in terms of AI cheats can only be known by SI (and I highly doubt it does). But it's not 'impossible' in the slightest.

Technically it's entirely possible (indeed, quite easy) for the game to distinguish between an AI manager and a human manager. Infact, it does so constantly on at least one level - it's not waiting for the AI to click on any buttons to make any tactical changes.

Whether the ME does infact distinguish between human and AI in terms of AI cheats can only be known by SI (and I highly doubt it does). But it's not 'impossible' in the slightest.

i dont think the game waits on the user to click buttons to make tactical changes either. at least, not when your viewing the match.

i dont think the game waits on the user to click buttons to make tactical changes either. at least, not when your viewing the match.

So what, the game telepathically knows when I want to make a substitution or push my midfielders forward? I don't understand your point.

The game clearly deals with human and AI users separately and differently in at least some respects: after all, the human needs to use the interface, while the AI is part of the code. Whether or not (and I think not) the AI has any 'cheats' or advantages in that relationship is another matter. But it is entirely possible, which was the point I was addressing. Just check out some games that allow modding/scripting for use of tags which specifically apply different rules and processes to AI/human participants.

Archived