Something needs done about players moods

Coop

Every time an English Premier League team bids for one of my players and is either turned down directly, or (more likely) they refuse to pay my returned offer, my player goes in a mood (ie. is unhappy). Every time without fail.

Now I appreciaste the English league is probably the best in the world and I could see the players perspective if it was one of the big 4 wanting him. However I don't believe every players would go in a huff, and certainly not for months on end (I have a player who has been in a mood for 6 months due to me turning down a rubbish offer).

The biggest gripe I have is that clubs like Wigan, Bolton, and particularly Man City (who may have few quid but are not yet anything to write home about; plus they seem to bid for anything that moves) come in for my Rangers players and upset them with one bid. If the player had a problem before the bid I could understand it but the were happy.

I haven't played as an EPL team yet but it must be so easy to unsettle players at other European clubs. It only takes one pathetic bid.

A player stays upset because he want's to move now that he seen the interest in him. Think just for a second if he keeps moaning you'll sell him at the next transfer window. That's what he's aiming for.

No offense but if a Premier League club went after a Rangers player (who's favorite club is not Rangers, and the premier league team has the potential to finish 8th and above) he probably would want to leave, not just for the money but for reputation also.

That link talks about agents and contracts (demanding new contracts at the club) and this thread talks about other clubs coming in and making your players unsettled.

Not entirely the same thing.

In FM I never see an agent come to me or the chairman demanding for anything, the player takes it personally nearly every time, even if he is on the favoured personnel list, professional and loyal.

As always however wwfan comes in with some "proof" that the game is always right.

That link talks about agents and contracts (demanding new contracts at the club) and this thread talks about other clubs coming in and making your players unsettled.

Not entirely the same thing.

In FM I never see an agent come to me or the chairman demanding for anything, the player takes it personally nearly every time, even if he is on the favoured personnel list, professional and loyal.

As always however wwfan comes in with some "proof" that the game is always right.

I try to help you and you now troll every thread sniping at me because you disagreed with what I said. I suggest you stop or you'll start picking up infractions. Post without the emotional content.

The above isn't 'proof' of anything, just a different perspective.

I agree with the OP that it happens far too easily. Does need toned down slightly. I'm managing Liverpool and there aren't many teams bigger so I don't really experience it myself, but when I tried a Hoffenheim game virtually my entire squad were "unhappy at not being allowed to move clubs" :mad:

Archived