Set Pieces

Not sure if this has been mentioned. It may already be in the current FM. I'm still getting used to the new system so if it is I apologise. Anyway...

How about been able to create set piece moves. Like fifa10, but obviously within the constraints of FM, perhaps be able to interact with training a little more and create a set piece. Not sure if this would require a lot more coding with the ME or would just be a nice little extra. Thoughts?

You can do that in FM, you choose where people stand/what they do under player instructions-advanced, unlike FIFA 10 however, this works

FM only give you ONE option. I hope we can set up 3 to 4 different routines and rotate among them, or designate different routines to different areas, e.g. direct kick in left half of the pitch and more players will go to disrupt the wall while 2 players stand with the taker to confuse the opposite gk; high cross in right half of the pitch with most players going forward; etc. etc. :(

I remember watching some Everton highlight a few years ago and there were all kinds of complex set-ups in free-kick taking. I've been hoping for this kind of feature for so long....

If it means having something like the set piece creator in Champ Man 10 (yes I was lured into trying it by the pay what you want deal and tbh honest I still paid too much) where players have to practice drills 5 times a day just to be able to pass a ball two yards to a team mate from a set piece, then it gets a very big no from me.

heh...

Just seen my players "practice" a free kick. I know how it sounds but for couple of games some good freekicks like in front of the goal and just outside the penalty area.

My first choice player who usually takes them was injured, so the replacement had an idea he passed instead of shooting. There was always a player to he's left side, but for 4-5 this didn't work (this went on for 4-5 games) then in one game he passed again an that player scored a wonderful placed goal :D

I was laughing and happy cause we won 1-0.

In my opinion there's always chance for fm to develop just wait and be patient a little bit more.

It's still the best manger simulator ever.

FM only give you ONE option. I hope we can set up 3 to 4 different routines and rotate among them, or designate different routines to different areas, e.g. direct kick in left half of the pitch and more players will go to disrupt the wall while 2 players stand with the taker to confuse the opposite gk; high cross in right half of the pitch with most players going forward; etc. etc. :(

I remember watching some Everton highlight a few years ago and there were all kinds of complex set-ups in free-kick taking. I've been hoping for this kind of feature for so long....

Agreed- there needs to be a mechanism to allow us to associate more than one set piece instruction with each tactic.

I suggest seperating the set piece set ups from the general tactic and allow us to save them seperately. Then you could choose to associate a group of set piece drills with a tactic. This would much more closely mirror the way things work in real life.

It would also allow for more dynamic changes during a match. It would be simple for example to deselect your more reckless/attacking corner drills when you are ahead, and stick to drills that keep more men back.

Can't say free kicks are all that awesome in this game... THen again in prevoius versions you never got to see players cross the ball in from wide areas like they do in this version for headers but they still look like they are never going to go in... It'll get more realistic as newer versions come out and I love watching direct free kicks they look awesome!

It's not really a simple idea, if it was the CM would have made a much better job of it.

The problem is that having just us use the st piece designer means that we would have an unfair advantage over the AI as they can't exactly design their own set piece.

Archived