Read This: Just a Thought of mine

I had a thought when the january patch is done with the new transfers ect and you sort it, it doesnt change on your saved game does it? so that makes me think is there any point in starting a game until that has all been done because the team you are could sign a amazing player or everything else could change the whole game completely ? Tell me if you think any different. :/

No a game started before a patch with a data change still uses the old database, look at 09 if you still have it, there were three different databases corresponding to the transfer situation at the time of the three patch releases, and you could pick any of them, just as I imagine would happen come January.

It can't change your save-game, of course - you could have played out to 2015 by the time the patch comes out, so it wouldn't make sense.

The flip side to your logic is - would you rather wait through all of November, all of December, all of January, and however long it takes in February ... or would you rather play now? :D

True but in your game after you get past the first season you and AI teams will have bought players throughout the gameworld. So your save game would be different to real-life anyway.

The data update is good for people, When they feel like starting a new game they can have the current upto date sqauds for the 2009/10 season. Wether they feel like starting with the 10.0.0 database with how the squads were after the summer window, Or they can start 10.0.3 with the squads how they were/are after the January window.

Because FM10 is for the 09/10 season, This is SI's way of letting you have an upto date game data wise, For the entire 2009/10 season i think. :)

Archived