Which would give me the most money??

Hi guys, im managing Everton and finished fourth in my 1st season :D

Managed to get into the groupstage of the champions league and been drawn with Roma and Olympic Marsellie (sorry for spelling) and had a great result against Roma at home winning 3-0 :D in matchday 1,

anyway, i was just wondering with Everton's poor finances, which would be most profitable, to finish 3rd and get into the EUFA cup and hopefully getting into 1/4 or semi finals at least or trying and finish 1st or 2nd (which i feel is possible) but then prob get knocked out in next round??

sorry if this is a bit long winded, thanks in advance

CL, the money you receive at the end of the competition is very very rewarding :)

Was going to say exactly this basically....I'm managing Bayern and only got to the last 16 of the CL in my first season but made a fortune in prize money for it at the end of the season and have been able to strengthen the squad quite a bit as a result, so definitely worth trying to stay in the CL as long as possible.:thup:

I got knocked out in the group stages finishing 3rd, and ended up winning the Europa League (EURO Cup) and I think I got £2m in prize money for winning the final by itself, and I think very little for anything else. So if you can stay in the CL and do well, then it is definitely worth it. Although I still got the £18m for TV money at the end of the season (pretty sure that wasn't for next season?)

Although it depends how much difference gate receipts can make too, I don't know how much prize money is awarded for each round of Champions League, but try and get as far as you can in that.

Archived