2D Classic

Now I understand we have CAMRAD, but the purpose of this post is to underline where the problems lie with FM2010's 2D Classic and why I have gone back to Football Manager 2008.

The problems with the view in FM2010 are as follows:

- Lag. It lags really bad in TV mode and is unwatchable. My system can play 3D at medium so that is not the problem.

- Ugly. In classic view, it is so ugly. The pitch is absolutely tiny. To change this, I would like to see the time-bar made optional so that I can then enjoy a bigger pitch like we saw in FM08.

- Ad boards. They defeat the object of a classic view. They are ugly, unreadable and make the pitch smaller than it should be.

So, SI, please put some time putting effort into this camera view for the thousands of users that use this game mode because I feel as if I'm being forced to watch 3D (which is very good) but I would much rather watch the 2D classic and I think I always will

Cheers, Peter.

yeah i still use the 2D. I think 3d takes from the realism, because the engine tries to replicate all the sorts of things that happen in a match, and ofc it would be impossible to make all the 3D animations for everything in real life, so i feel the more lucky happenings and stuff are more convincing in 2D since they don't just look like animation glitches.

I had an old download file on an old fm that enabled the circles to be turned into shoulders and a head type things for the players, this tiny thing made the authenticity of it slightly better, the pitches could be improved on, and i think ther would be some way of implementing 'lighting', not with real lighting because it would slow it down for those who can't handle, but appropriate texturing and artwork could represent lighting really effectively if done correctly

I only watch the matches in 2D classic as well, and I agree that the pitch is too small. It's not about being fussy, it's because there's room for so much more that it simply doesn't make sense not to have a bigger pitch.

Archived