Problem with the patch

Maybe I've done something wrong, maybe not...

So, I tried to patch my FM 2010 which i bought but installed offline, so i had to patch manually. But along the way, an error occurred and the update jams and i have to quit the patch installer...

If you could help me, maybe tell me if the best way is to uninstall and install it online...

Cheers and thanks in advance!

If you activated your game through Steam, you dont need the patch as it is already in the Steam activation. If you have the disc and installed it normally, delete the patch you have, download it again from the thread 4 down from the top of this forum. Download it to the desktop, right click and click on rename- add .exe to the end of the file name if it doesnt have it ( ignore this if it does ). Close the game, click on the patch icon and it will self install. There were no database changes so the database is till 10.0 but the game status should be 10.1 if patched correctly

Frazt - thank you very much for your help. FYI I just downloaded from the link provided and put .exe on the end and worked a treat... I know what I will be doing tomorrow night...! playing manager! thanks for your help.

shame that the location of the download has an effect on how easy it is for someone to download and fully update using the patch as all ppl want to do is play.

thanks again for your help.

Simon

Well, there is still an error... it says " Error creating update file - C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager2010\tools\editor\data\basic comps\bel.xml" its file nº 533 out of 817..

and its the error 0x000004C8...

Archived