football manager 2010 - simply the best

Just posting this as I am sick of reading people b!tch about this amazing game.. seriously shut up man, if you were making constructive criticism fair game but the game is perfect an the guys at SI keep making amazing strides to improve it for us now ... if your happy with this game sound your appreciation.

Me First; I love this game for its realism on the its awesome, so much harde the scouting is harder as it doesn't shout up the best names if your a proper player you don't go Man City with there £72m you go lower leagues where it is competitive an they make it hard as hell down there .. I went on a 17 unbeaten game streak with Bournemouth an got walloped 4-1 by bottom of table Brentford which often happens in lower leagues

The game play is fantastic - much better than fifa's haha (pro evo fan here) and the way the press confrences ask about players you don't even have on your shortlist like djemba djemba is fantastic ... :thup:

Agree that the game is great, but I totally disagree with this point:

if your a proper player you don't go Man City with there £72m you go lower leagues

A "proper player"? Is there such a thing? Surely the game is there to be enjoyed from any and all levels by everyone?

I've got to admit that after 09 I pretty much had given up with FM. Thought i'd lost the bug for the game as it was the worst of all the version including the CM series.

However I like what I saw and read about they had revamped the skin (was really needed), and a big push to big fix rather than add new features. That's not to say new features haven't been added, but the game is jsut so much better. The 3D match engine is far better for another point.

And the little features where you create a player search of any play by simply right clicking on them. That really is a wonderful touch. In the main the small things have made the gaem much better.

I've also got to say, the tactics creator is key too. I had first hand look at this playing FML but in FM10 it goes to a new level (FML has now matched this).

So thumbs up for me in this version. The only worry is not to over do it with new features. Some of the new features that are brought in don't really get used and are being introduced purely so you can say on the box/advertisement "new features added this season" etc.

I'd buy the game every year if it was just for new DB and better GFX.

a new feature i would like to see is the possibilty of some kind of movie feature for winning trophies/leagues etc.

Obviously a far better movie for the big comps.

People who think FM is perfect are probably simple minded and do not know much about football and follow some EPL side of a town they have never been to and couldn't even pick out on a map.

"Manchester is here mate..." (points to France)

What an incredibly snobby, generalising load of nonsense.

Congratulations, that is quite alot to fit into 2 or 3 sentences.

People who think FM is perfect are probably simple minded and do not know much about football and follow some EPL side of a town they have never been to and couldn't even pick out on a map.

"Manchester is here mate..." (points to France)

Whilst I agree that there's no way the game is perfect, this post is up there with the worst I've seen. Just utter nonsense.

Defending is a joke.

Defending is indeed pretty rubbish, but it's not match engine things that stop the game being perfect for me. I mean, I know the match engine isn't perfect, but once they sort out the defending and maybe reduce down the frequency of long shots, I'll at least be happy with it.

For me, it's the non-football side of the game that holds it back. Player interaction is terrible. If I want to criticise a player's form, I have to demoralise him through the media. If I want to praise a player, I have to do it through the media. It's fine to have the option there, but when am I going to be able to go direct to my players?! Time and again I want to tell a player to his face that he needs to improve his form. Managers do discuss players in public, but the important stuff is done in private. SI need to implement some means of direct interaction with players so that I can stop feeling like they're some sort of distant entity only be communicated with on matchday.

Training is pretty woeful too. It's so halfhearted and underdeveloped.

Press conferences just don't work for me. It doesn't matter whether you're managing Manchester United or Mansfield Town, at some point you're going to get asked your opinion on World Footballer of the Year. I'm sure Lionel Messi would be thrilled to know the manager of Alfreton Town thinks he's going to win it. And I'm sure the papers will be full of it too. I understand that multiple choice answers are the only way press conferences will work, but we need far more options to choose from with each question. At the moment, it's like a dull mutliple choice questionnaire where you basically "strongly agree", "agree", "have no opinion" "disagree" or "agree". We've all seen those kinds of questionnaires. We can't replicate normal human interaction with journalists exactly as it is in real life. I know that. But why not try and go at least some of the way by creating lots of possible responses for press conferences. Yes, that will make them more complicated as knowing their effects will be trickier. But press conferences are tricky. That's the point. With more choices of answers to each question, we'll be able to create an actual personality and, crucially, we might not get so bored.

You sound as if you don't enjoy the game?

No i don't. I have real issues trying to keep clean sheets as my defenders can't close down/tackle/mark properly. I have no issues scoring though.

I'm sure you'll reply with "it's my tactics" but i'm hardly a novice and have been playing since CM93/94 on the Amiga so i know what i'm doing. I was sacked in FM10 for the first time on any version. Just not feeling this one.

No i don't. I have real issues trying to keep clean sheets as my defenders can't close down/tackle/mark properly. I have no issues scoring though.

I'm sure you'll reply with "it's my tactics" but i'm hardly a novice and have been playing since CM93/94 on the Amiga so i know what i'm doing. I was sacked in FM10 for the first time on any version. Just not feeling this one.

Don't be so sure, I was just asking.

It is the best i love it so much my fav bits on the game so far have to be the non-existent defending and all my results ending up like basketball scores. I love the way the game captures the realism of the sport !!

Do you just troll these forums looking for non constructive nonesense to say?

Didnt you already get banned recently? why are you here? GO AWAY. Seriously ,why are you playing this game and writing on these forums.

Easily the best FM. But like one or two people have pointed out, there is no such thing as the perfect game.

I'd like to see SI redefine some of the media/player interaction.

Example? I just suggested in a press conference that I was unhappy with the penalty decision given against my team. FA slapped me on the wrist (second time this season) and the board of directors are unhappy about bringing negative attention to the club.

How about they quietly support me, for example? Or the option to tell a newspaper that the FA need to go to specsavers (ok, maybe nothing that strong - but you get the picture).

Also, the whole player morale issue needs to be fixed in that if I tell the press I admire another boss, I dont want to be seeing players get upset over it, because the reality of it is - they probably wouldn't give a toss.

Very minor improvements, but the end result is more scenarios.

For me, it's the non-football side of the game that holds it back. Player interaction is terrible. If I want to criticise a player's form, I have to demoralise him through the media. If I want to praise a player, I have to do it through the media. It's fine to have the option there, but when am I going to be able to go direct to my players?! Time and again I want to tell a player to his face that he needs to improve his form. Managers do discuss players in public, but the important stuff is done in private. SI need to implement some means of direct interaction with players so that I can stop feeling like they're some sort of distant entity only be communicated with on matchday.

I agree wholeheartedly. One of the players at my former club got booked in about half his games, and three or four times in one year he was sent of for two bookable offences. In real life, all you would do is, go up to the player, and tell him to be more careful. He wasn't diving into tackles, he was just being too aggressive, so 'stay on your feet', or 'stop diving in' doesn't work.

Also, if a player is unhappy in real life, you would talk to him, not stand by and watch your team crumble. Oh well.

Do you just troll these forums looking for non constructive nonesense to say?

Didnt you already get banned recently? why are you here? GO AWAY. Seriously ,why are you playing this game and writing on these forums.

Why don't you get lost. I never winged about any version of the game until this one and if they had of made the game workable from the off perhaps i wouldn't complain.

Oh and sorry i forgot that your not allowed to voice issues or have a negative opinion or be sarcastic on here now and then. incase it upsets you fanboys!!

Archived