International Management

I was just wondering if anyone else had taken an international post on Fm10 and at what stage in the game they had taken it.

Myself I am currently only mid way through my second season but have been an international manager for around a full season now. I was given the jobs of Ivory Coast and Ghana just after the African nations cup of 2010.

Yes I know its only Ivory Coast and Ghana and why would you take them anyway but quite suprisingly they do quite well with the right tactics. I managed to take both to the 3rd round of the world cup that year and am well on course to qualify for the next African nations cup. Currently they are both within the top 10 of FIFA's world rankings Ivory Coast are 10th and Ghana are 9th.

I just thought that this would be a bit harder to break into.

Just before the release of fm2010 I started fm2009 as manager of Scotland. I took them to the world cup (Something Burley couldn't do :D) and even managed to get them to the European championships and then again to the World cup.

Just wondering about international management. Im in my 1st season with Real Madrid but i cannot declare my interest for international teams for whom the manager is under pressure like i can do in club management. Is this because im not allowed in my 1st season or something or is it that i cannot do it for Int management.

Its not too surprising you have had success with Ivory Coast and Ghana, they're both poised for success in real life qualifying for the world cup with relative ease and likely to progress beyond their groups. Ivory Coast are up to 19th in world rankings in real life and I would fancy them to beat Mexico, Chile, Greece, Czech Republic, Cameroon, Switzerland, USA and Croatia all of which are ranked higher while giving other top sides a real challenge.

Intending on getting involved in international management at some point.

Loving the new retain current international players feature when customising the database. Anyone else using this?

Regards,

C.

Always! Great new feature.

I will take an international job, in addition to my club job, whenever possible. Not tied to any one job, I've managed Poland, Albania, Nigeria, Panama, and Faroe Islands in past versions. As much as anything I do it just to be plugged into international play. It's fun and doesn't take much time. I have been known to buy a few players from my national team squad for my club squad, as I get to know their value and talents.

It certainly does add another element to a game. I tend to use international management as a side narrative to my overall plot because the bread and butter of my FM experience is club management (did you enjoy the mixed metaphors there? :p) But it can really make a save that little bit special and add something special to the game.

This new retain current international players means that you can have the option to manage a whole bunch of different countries without going overboard on the overall database size.

The only thing I'm unsure of is the long-term use of this feature. Am I right in thinking that the international teams will replace their squads with new regens in the future? Anyone had any experience with this?

Regards,

C.

Just wondering about international management. Im in my 1st season with Real Madrid but i cannot declare my interest for international teams for whom the manager is under pressure like i can do in club management. Is this because im not allowed in my 1st season or something or is it that i cannot do it for Int management.

It appears not as i'm in my second season, bit of a shame really hopefully it's something they will look into as there is an awful lot they can add to international management (hopefully next year)

I wish there was an option when you start the game of taking over a club and an international team simultaniously. I never just want to manage an international team, but always want to have a go at Liechenstein or someone of equal stature while im playing my club game. Is pretty rare those jobs come up tho. Might not be a bad feature to include in the next version of the game.

It certainly does add another element to a game. I tend to use international management as a side narrative to my overall plot because the bread and butter of my FM experience is club management (did you enjoy the mixed metaphors there? But it can really make a save that little bit special and add something special to the game.

I like having this "sideline" to my career too. If the club is doing poorly and it's a long, disappointing season, there's always an international competition or qualifying to keep my interest.

I managed to get Wales to the Semis of world cup 2014, my results were beat Egypt 4-0 Beat USA 5-4(best game ever! was 4-0 up then 4-4 before winner by Ledley in 85th min) lost 3-1 to France. Beat Ivory Coast 3-1 in Second round, Portugal 2-1 in Quarters before losing 3-0 to Argentina and 3-1 to Spain in Semi and 3/4th playoff. Ched Evans is incredible 55 caps 35 goals and was top scorer in competition despite getting sent off and suspended after the second round.

I'm managing Belarus and having a great time!! Started slowly but I have now been in charge for nearly 7 years. Qualified for the 2016 Euro Championships losing just one game and beating Holland twice!

Made it through to the semi-finals of the Euro 2016 and lost to Spain 1-0. Really enjoying the game and hopefully will have some World Cup success!

Archived