Those damned referees!

*Shakes head furiously*

*Does a Ferguson touchline dance*

offsideg.png

3 - THREE - defenders were keeping my winger onside! And the blind linesman calls it offside from a perfect view... :eek: In my fury i refused to speak to the press post-match. (That'll teach 'em, not getting to talk to the oh so prestigious manager of RBC Roosendaal...)

In truth, it wasn't a big problem, it wasn't leading to a clear chance on goal and i went on to win 1-0. But you never know when the officials will get something horribly wrong.

What's the biggest refereeing injustice you've been on the end of? Or maybe you've had something ridiculous go in your favour? What's the biggest moment/match the referee or linesman has took fate into his own hands for or against you?

my cameroon side beat italy in the wc2010 quarter-finals on a goal created from clearly an offside position. at the end of the match, it was noted in the referee's rating that his only "black mark" was missing the obvious offside everyone else clearly saw. oh well, went on to grab 3rd place in the tournament.

Now this is silly...

offside1.png

Free kick outside their area. As my player kicks it, my striker (Ars (hid behind the blue defender) is flagged offside! Not only is it bad because it was clearly a shot and not a pass, but he wasn't even offside...

Dear oh dear.

SI better make it possible to moan about the officials post-match if their performances are going to be so bad.

my cameroon side beat italy in the wc2010 quarter-finals on a goal created from clearly an offside position. at the end of the match' date=' it was noted in the referee's rating that his only "black mark" was missing the obvious offside everyone else clearly saw. oh well, went on to grab 3rd place in the tournament.[/quote']

That'll teach the Italians for diving :D

Well, I can't actually pretend that I can see what's going on in a match, but just now something that made me rage happened.

I'm playing my debut match with Genoa at home against Lazio and the first thing that happens is that Lazio gifts the ball away on the kick-off. After some stumbling about, my defender, Bocchetti and one of their midfielders chase for the ball, and their midfielder -commentary quote- "Collides with Bocchietti. It looks like he's been shot!" before the ref hands the freekick. Fine enough, although the commentator exclamates "That looked a dubious decision!"

AND THEN

Bocchietti gets a direct red card. In the first minute.

"Was that worthy of a red card?"

"The Genoa players are incredulous at that decision. They're surrounding the referee!"

And so the ref is pleased to hand out another couple of cards to players that argue. I loose the match 1-3 and in match summary, the commentary claims the ref's game was impeded by the decision to send Bocchietti off. The FA accepted my appeal against a one-match ban and they didn't warn me when I said that the decision was horrendous.

Now, one can contemplate, how bad REALLY was that decision?

I had my player Cambiasso sent off once in his own penalty area without any reason what so ever, at least in the match report there was not even a mention of a foul. Just instant red card. I guess he pulled his pants down or something. It really made me wonder why the hell he got sent off, wasn't even near the ball and no message why in the screen as well. I replayed the "incident" over and over and just didn't get it. After the match my assistant said he didn't see the foul so it was my choice to protest or not. Really helpful :confused: Shame I couldn't ask my player.

I had a player called offside, who just happened to be in his own half. And he wasn't coming back from the attacking half either - he was just, well, ambling about in the defensive side of things :)

I reckon the whole offside functionality is dodgy, but I believe SI have flagged some changes?

you think thats bad? just wait till you get robbed of a league title because of an offside that should have been.

Had nearly gave inverness their 1st league win ever. All I had to do was beat Rangers or draw and we would be champions, but they score in the dying minutes from one of the worst pieces of linesmanship I have ever saw. Cleary offside yet he lets him continue.

I had a player called offside, who just happened to be in his own half. And he wasn't coming back from the attacking half either - he was just, well, ambling about in the defensive side of things :)

I reckon the whole offside functionality is dodgy, but I believe SI have flagged some changes?

I had the same thing - my striker was about 15 yards in his own half at the time.

Argh! The linesmen are blind!

offsideargh.png

My striker Byrne plays the ball through for Rodriguez to run through the centre, and they call it offside. I don't even know how it's possible to call that offside. I suppose it's just the ME's representation of an offside.

*Shakes head furiously*

*Does a Ferguson touchline dance*

offsideg.png

3 - THREE - defenders were keeping my winger onside! And the blind linesman calls it offside from a perfect view... :eek: In my fury i refused to speak to the press post-match. (That'll teach 'em, not getting to talk to the oh so prestigious manager of RBC Roosendaal...)

In truth, it wasn't a big problem, it wasn't leading to a clear chance on goal and i went on to win 1-0. But you never know when the officials will get something horribly wrong.

What's the biggest refereeing injustice you've been on the end of? Or maybe you've had something ridiculous go in your favour? What's the biggest moment/match the referee or linesman has took fate into his own hands for or against you?

This might be a real offisde. Remember the entire circle wont be taken up by the player, just the little bit where his feet are. Looking at that it could be tightly offside, but misleading due to the directions the players are facing.

This might be a real offisde. Remember the entire circle wont be taken up by the player, just the little bit where his feet are. Looking at that it could be tightly offside, but misleading due to the directions the players are facing.

You can't be serious.

You think that's bad?

Try being denied a champions league place after your player lobs the goalkeeper from the halfway line, only for the goal not to be given after the 'keeper scrambles back and claws the ball back into play from the back of the net. Oh...wait....that wasn't SI

You can't be serious.

Drawing in where the feet themselves are on the image we get this:

offsideg.th.png

As you can see, he's in front of 2 of the 3 players that appear to play him onside. Add to that the fact we don't really know if that was the exact moment the ball was released. If it was a second later, he may have even drifted beyond the final player, being genuinely offside.

The only goal of the match of course. Wasn't even asked about it afterwards.

To be honest, he looks like he is playing the ball backwards? No offside there in my opinion.

Drawing in where the feet themselves are on the image we get this:

offsideg.th.png

As you can see, he's in front of 2 of the 3 players that appear to play him onside. Add to that the fact we don't really know if that was the exact moment the ball was released. If it was a second later, he may have even drifted beyond the final player, being genuinely offside.

You've drawn a red dot on my attacking player where his foot isn't. His two feet are pointing upwards. You have drawn one of them to the right, which is wrong. You've also drawn the line beyond the red dot, which in itself is much bigger than the actual foot - so it's not really accurate (unless the players are wearing clown shoes).

1offside.png 2offside.png

It's clear here that #2 and #12 are beyond my attacking player, and, marginally, so is #16.

The FA accepted my appeal against a one-match ban and they didn't warn me when I said that the decision was horrendous.

WOW lol i've never seen or heard anyone actually say they were succesful in an appeal for a red card! If it was me i would have been straight on here posting a new thread :p at my sheer astonishment

You've drawn a red dot on my attacking player where his foot isn't. His two feet are pointing upwards. You have drawn one of them to the right, which is wrong. You've also drawn the line beyond the red dot, which in itself is much bigger than the actual foot - so it's not really accurate (unless the players are wearing clown shoes).

1offside.png 2offside.png

It's clear here that #2 and #12 are beyond my attacking player, and, marginally, so is #16.

Can you post the pkm so we can compare the 3d to the 2d?

I am not bothered by misjudged offside decisions as that happens in real life, but this crap annoys me:

My player passes the ball down to the right flank, to a player well onside, and my striker in the middle who is offside gets flagged.

wrongoffside1.png

wrongoffside2.png

He isn't interfering with play.

I had a goal disallowed for an offsides that clearly wasn't. The commentary said that it was a bad decision, the replay showed it, the media asked me about it after the game. It was 1-1 at the time and I was down a man. Currently I sit at 19th in the BSP (I started unemployed) and really could've used the win or draw. Funny thing is, I complained about the call after the match saying that it changed the outcome of the game and the FA didn't do anything. I was expected them to fine/suspend me, but I got a message saying that they were staying quiet about it.

I actually like the feature when it doesn't occur too often; it's realistic.

Dont have a screenshot but this one benifited me.

Corner to me and its a poor one. Lineman flags offside to the player in his own half with 4 defenders behind him and i scored the winner as the result of the free-kick. Thanks mr linesman.

had a few dodgey ones against me but lets stick to the positive.

Have had many instances of offsides being wrong.

- Me/AI scoring from offside position

- Me/AI getting called offside when clearly on

While I agree that yes, real life referees can make mistake, this is a computer game and we expect the game to be precise and correct with its ruling.

This constant dosing of incorrect offside calls are simply going to add user frustration. I believe this is a new feature but to be honest, it looks more like a bug than a feature.

If it is a feature, at least make them more rare, rather than a couple per game.

What's next? Referees missing handballs?

What about last man fouls not getting a direct red card?

It keeps on happening to me, my striker gets past and is brought down and the only thing I get is a foul and a yellow card >_<

Lastman.jpg

Which direction was he running? Depending on how he was running and the other close by defender was running, it may have been the case that the defender who brought him down, while furthest back, wasn't the "last man".

That said, there don't seem enough last man sending offs.

PS. That offside I argued about was onside. However with the players, it wasn't as clear cut as the dots made it look, so at a fast pace with a poor linesman, I can see it being wrongly given. :p

It keeps on happening to me, my striker gets past and is brought down and the only thing I get is a foul and a yellow card >_<

Lastman.jpg

Which direction was he running? Depending on how he was running and the other close by defender was running, it may have been the case that the defender who brought him down, while furthest back, wasn't the "last man".

[edit: The ref is also miles away, so wouldn;t be in a position to judge which of the two defenders is the last man anyway?]

That said, there don't seem enough last man sending offs.

PS. That offside I argued about was onside. However with the players, it wasn't as clear cut as the dots made it look, so at a fast pace with a poor linesman, I can see it being wrongly given. :p

Why have one player offside when you can have 3?

[gallery]pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=135[/gallery]

[gallery]pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=136[/gallery]

All three of them are obviously onside as they are behind the ball at the moment of the cross. In this case it doesn't matter how many opposition players are between them and the goal line.

Lastman.jpg

This one would be hotly debated irl as well. There was a second defender pretty close to the one committing the foul and he might have been able to get to the striker in time. Thus a yellow card is well within the ref's scope of discretion. Yet, there are good arguments in favour of a red card too.

However, as people could and would have different opinions on that onr irl, neither decision can be classed as obviously wrong or a bug.

Archived