Premier League Homegrown Rule

I have tried to find the info I have been looking for but haven't when searching

Currently heading into season 2 in Premier League season

Obviously we all know the rule that you register 25 players - well give em a squad number - and 8 need to be homegrown. It then says players 21 or under on a certain do not have to be registered. Now does this mean homegrown players under 21, or any players. I hope its any players as that what it seems from the screen

is there anyway of removing this on the editor?

No you cant remove this since its a real life rule. I've been thinking a lot about this recently and thought of clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool who are littered with foreigners so possibly cant meet the train at your club rule. For example Liverpool only have Carrigher and Gerrard who are regularly in their first team who would qualify and I cant even think of anyone in the Arsenal team that would qualify except perhaps Fabregas. So i was thinking that perhaps SI could add a previous club filter in the search screen so you could search for players who had Started their careers at your club. This way you could sign a couple of players (only if they are any good!) that would satisfy the home grown rule.

No you cant remove this since its a real life rule. I've been thinking a lot about this recently and thought of clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool who are littered with foreigners so possibly cant meet the train at your club rule. For example Liverpool only have Carrigher and Gerrard who are regularly in their first team who would qualify and I cant even think of anyone in the Arsenal team that would qualify except perhaps Fabregas. So i was thinking that perhaps SI could add a previous club filter in the search screen so you could search for players who had Started their careers at your club. This way you could sign a couple of players (only if they are any good!) that would satisfy the home grown rule.

From the Premier League site:

A home grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the FA of the FA of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday.

So most of Arsenal's younger players would qualify as they poach them at a relatively young age. So does Theo Walcott.

Liverpool have the likes of Nemeth, Pacheco, Spearing, Kelly, Bruna and Insua who would all qualify (I think) and are of varying degrees of skill but all handy enough for a squad I think - Glen Johnson also qualifies here as well.

It isn't nearly as restrictive as you might think.

Its players who have trained in England. Quite a few of the Arsenal squad would have this because Wenger signs them from a young age. Trained in England means Liverpool can include, Gerrard, Carragher, Johnson and I'm sure there would be some talaneted players who would have came through the youth squad will make the numbers up

I believe as well that to be classed as trained in England means for 3 years before the age of 21. For Arsenal this is not a problem at all as 11 of my team in the first season are home grown, 9 at Arsenal, and the only homegrown player I've signed is Ashley Young. I'll think we'll do just fine thank you very much.

i just wondered cause on other sites ive seen screenshots where people have go an entire team of foreigners in there 2nd/3rd or 4th season

Archived