No Set A Nickname Option in FM2010?

• 4 weeks later...

Late answer, but when I had to do some real-time editing of some Nation Rules I was trying to get working, I noticed that in FMRTE (Football Manager Real Time Editor), you could change the "Nickname" of players, when you loaded their profile within FMRTE. This works with your profile as well. But you, sadly, can't create a brand new nickname. Has to be in the game database already.

You could alter the database, before you start your game. Ie. create a really old and bad player (1 in all skills), add your own nickname to the player and then use FMRTE to add the new nickname to your own profile. This would of course require you to start a new game. :-)

And maybe, I don't know, you could create one of these .lnc-files within ~\Football Manager 2010\data\db\the-version-you-are-using\lnc\all

- I just do not know the commandline, for changing nicknames... Anyway, you could just try. The lines should be written like:

"COMMAND" UNIQUEID "CHANGES" "LANGUAGE"

i.e.:

"SET_NICK_NAME" 12345 "Michael" "English" (language can be left empty, just remember to put in empty quotationmarks, "").

To obtain your uniqueid, you need a program like FMRTE. :-)

I don't know the command (SET_NICK_NAME is just a guess.. you could try to alter the command, like CHANGE_NICK_NAME, CHANGE_NICKNAME etc. etc.). The problem is, and I don't have the patience for this, you have to restart FM every time, you have made a change in the lnc-file... And I'm not even sure if it's possible this way. :-P I only know, that it is possible to cange i.e. stadium, competition and club names.

Just open one of the already existing .lnc-files with Notepad, and see some of the already used commandlines.

Archived