"Are very disappointed and hope you can make amends...." Even though I did.

Managing Liverpool in the first season, we go away to Wolfsburg in the 3rd game of the CL group stages. They were far and away the better team and thumped us 4-0 (my only defeat of the season in all competitions), much to the dismay of the fans. I have absolutely no complaints about the result and take all the blame for not doing enough to win the game. But that's not my gripe.....

Afterwards on the confidence screen it says:

"To summarise, the board are satisfied with your management of the team.

This has been underlined by the fans delight at the 3-0 win against Everton.

They are, however, very disappointed at the 0-4 defeat against Wolfsburg and hope you can make amends."

Again, they have a right to be annoyed so I'm not complaining. But the next CL game comes up; Wolfsburg at Anfield. We go out and absolutely batter them and they are lucky to escape with only a 5-0 thrashing. Happy days.

Afterwards a news item says the fans are delighted with the result. Ok, so I visit the confidence screen:

They are, however, very disappointed at the 0-4 defeat against Wolfsburg and hope you can make amends."

I'm sorry, what??? :confused:

I'm convinced I just DID make amends, did I not? It's the interaction side of the game where FM really lets itself down, and we managers can't help but feel totally detached from it all. Like the end of a season; no matter what happens or how good you did, you can't help but feel that each new season is the beginning of a new game with no thought or praise given for the events the season before.

In my example there, wouldn't this have been better?.....

They are also delighted that you have made amends for the 4-0 loss against Wolfsburg in emphatic fashion"

I want to feel more involved with the game, but things like this are really annoying. :D

(first person to say "it's your tactics" wins a prize)

it says that as a figure of speech. its not like every little thing you do is going to cause a massive change in the board/team mechanics. yes, youve "made ammends," but that doesnt change the fact that the loss still occured. ive had losses stick on my board confidence level for an entire season, it's not a huge deal.

just make sure it doesnt become a habit :)

I got a great one after a press conference. Was asked if I liked seeing an opposing player have a 'mare of a game. I said no one likes to see players have a bad game and afterwards the press said that the player would be unhappy with my words. I was like WTF

There are plenty of parts of the interaction and confidence side of FM that are really annoying me. Another one happened just a while ago...

We were playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the Premiership, they are clear favourites in their own ground and the pre-match 'prediction daddy' (lol) says he expects Chelsea to triumph. We draw a brilliant match 2-2, which was a fair result. Of course, the fans say they are "disappointed with the 2-2 draw with Chelsea...."

Now I'm a Liverpool fan, and if we went to Chelsea unbeaten so far in the league (end of November just like I am in the game) and scored couple of cracking goals in a 2-2 draw I'd be very pleased, especially if it meant we remained joint top with The Blues.

PS - We're now top of the League (we won while Chelsea drew the last match), through to the League Cup quarter final, qualified top of our Champions League group with a game in hand and all is going well. Yet, the confidence section still says:

It's not ruining my game or anything like that, it's just a little irritating and could easily be changed. Much in the same way SI could change that bloody awful "Didn't seem to be listening" nonsense.

There are plenty of parts of the interaction and confidence side of FM that are really annoying me. Another one happened just a while ago...

We were playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the Premiership, they are clear favourites in their own ground and the pre-match 'prediction daddy' (lol) says he expects Chelsea to triumph. We draw a brilliant match 2-2, which was a fair result. Of course, the fans say they are "disappointed with the 2-2 draw with Chelsea...."

Now I'm a Liverpool fan, and if we went to Chelsea unbeaten so far in the league (end of November just like I am in the game) and scored couple of cracking goals in a 2-2 draw I'd be very pleased, especially if it meant we remained joint top with The Blues.

PS - We're now top of the League (we won while Chelsea drew the last match), through to the League Cup quarter final, qualified top of our Champions League group with a game in hand and all is going well. Yet, the confidence section still says:

It's not ruining my game or anything like that, it's just a little irritating and could easily be changed. Much in the same way SI could change that bloody awful "Didn't seem to be listening" nonsense.

By making amends, read "win the bloomin' competition" My fans are still upset because I played the u18 side against West Ham in the League cup and lost 7-3 at home and I am top of the league, 4 points clear with 6 games to go and in the semi final of the CL against a Lyon team I thrashed twice in the group stage. Doesn't bother me though, fans are fans and they remember bad things until they have something special to celebrate. Look at Rafa IRL for an example.

I guess I'll have to win the competition then :D

Of course, I'll go on to win it and then the board will claim that they "always felt we were capable of doing so, and would like celebrations kept to a minimum so we can concentrate on future success...." Thanks for the fanfare, sir :rolleyes:

In July the board were still mad I sold a fringe player in August (and got 3.5 mill for him). The fans are now mad that I let a no star rated 19 year old reserve player with an average rating of 5.6.

Yeah, good point. I released Nathan Eccleston at the beginning of this save, but even though we're flying in all competitions (top of the league in December and also unbeaten), the fans are still very disappointed that I let him leave as they feel he 'still had something to offer the club...'

Oh for the love of God. Reach out and get a grip! Eccleston is totally useless on FM10 and is STILL looking for a new club. If he were so good, he'd have been snapped up long ago by another club, but even a Blue Square club hasn't signed him ffs.

Yes, as a manager I'm an idiot who hasn't got the faintest of clues.

fwiw we just beat Spurs to go 5 points clear. Of course, that point has escaped the fans as they pine for the late, great Nathan Eccleston.

Ah I see your problem now, the fans are pining for the good old days when Liverpool went on nine game winless streaks, sold their good players, kept the useless ones and were generally out of the title race by mid-July. They're probably chanting "Bring back Houllier ffs" at the Kop end in your save.:D

Ah I see your problem now, the fans are pining for the good old days when Liverpool went on nine game winless streaks, sold their good players, kept the useless ones and were generally out of the title race by mid-July. They're probably chanting "Bring back Houllier ffs" at the Kop end in your save.:D

Although your post was entirely satirical, you're absolutely spot on in your assessment of the situation. I'm seeing a lot of people are getting the same thing when they release/sell a useless youth player. I'd understand if said player was a fan favourite (or even supported the club) but when he's not good enough to even lace his own boots, it has gone a bit far :D

Although your post was entirely satirical, you're absolutely spot on in your assessment of the situation. I'm seeing a lot of people are getting the same thing when they release/sell a useless youth player. I'd understand if said player was a fan favourite (or even supported the club) but when he's not good enough to even lace his own boots, it has gone a bit far :D

Likewise, with Man City, I spent months living down the sale of Javier Garrido. He was sixth choice left back. It was magnified by the fact that I sold him to Wigan, but nevertheless, if Garrido left Man City after Hughes brought in the left back I did, nobody would bat an eyelid. The fans were also annoyed by the sale of Benjani for £5m or so, but he was likewise sixth choice at best.

i'm notts county and have won my first 6 league games and conceded just 1 goal (when my 1st choice centre backs were away on international duty) but in the league cup 1st round i got hammered 4-0 by doncaster and the fans are devastated, despite the league form. i know i'm only early in my 1st season but i'll be keeping an eye out to see if the 4-0 defeat dissapointment sticks

on a similar subject, when you get knocked out of a cup before the board wanted you to (e.g. they wanted you in the 3rd round but you only got to the 2nd) and in the confidence part it says something like 'the board are dissapointed the team only got X way into the cup but can understand why you got knocked out' what do they understand?

In the second season with Leeds (then in the championship) I lost 2-1 at home to a full strength Arsenal in the league cup in extra time when down to 10 men (my lb got injured a minute after I made my 3rd sub).

Did my fans appreciate the herculean effort put in by me and my team against one of the top teams in the country against all the odds?

Did they ****.

Archived