Bookings & Penalties against

So I am in my 4th season with Bradford, and I've noticed two huge differences from all the other FM-games I've played.

Number of bookings, and number of penalties against.

I've always kept a normal tackling-styles for all the years I've played the series (for as long as it has been possible to tweak those settings - though I've played a few seasons on hard in lower leagues). Yet I have never, ever, ever had this insanely high amount of cards that I pick up now. I've always been mid-to-lower part in all the leagues I've ever played.

Now however, I've been top three all seasons. I won L1 last season, and also won the booking-contest, with 82 bookings. For a normal-tackling approach. So far after 9 games in champ, I have 16, and I'm on 3rd place in the booking-contest.

Due to the high amount of yellow cards, I also get a very high amount of red cards due to double bookings. Extremely many.

Also,

I've never, ever, ever had a such insane amount of penalties against me. Most of the times I get penalties against me from crossings / corners. Though many times it just happens and seems totally random. I'm having penalties against every second / third match. Sometimes streaks with 2-3 matches in a row. I rarely get penalties myself, and have been on the bottom half of penalties-stats all seasons.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar trend? Or have a reasonable explanation to why it suddenly has boomed in FM2010 for me? What has changed?

Divisions L2, L1 (x2) and now Champ.

edit:

Just got another penalty against, this is the fourth match in a row where I get penalties against :S

I've noticed that the general penalty "succeed"-rate is also very high - both for me and the opponents.

I've had a few penalty-contests after drawing in cups, one of them ended 16-15.

In FM2009 it seemed that players missed a bit too often, now they score on about 95% it seems, I very rarely see a save, and even rarer that they miss the goal.

In my Villa save I've picked up 42 yellow & 4 Red in 26 matches. Thats with constantly telling my players to stay on their feet and setting them to easy tacklingetc

None of the players listen and just seem to do their own thing and attempt to slide tackle the opposition at every given opportunity, especially two footed & from behind just for good measure.

In my Villa save I've picked up 42 yellow & 4 Red in 26 matches. Thats with constantly telling my players to stay on their feet and setting them to easy tacklingetc

None of the players listen and just seem to do their own thing and attempt to slide tackle the opposition at every given opportunity, especially two footed & from behind just for good measure.

That's very high numbers indeed, especially with easy tackling and stay on feet.

The only real difference from my tactics from previous versions of FM and now, is the new tactic wizard. Else I normally keep to the same style / formations, adapted to the various divisions.

Archived