Hmm, never seen this one before...

When i was at Real Madrid, I sold Cassano to Sevilla for £7.5m, and they came back and said that the deal would only go through if i paid £12,000pw for the rest of his contract. Still agreed to the transfer, I think £7.5m for a player you don't want and a net wages saving of £33k pw is good! Maybe only bigger clubs can afford it! Wish the option was used more often, when i offer unwanted players to clubs and they reply can't afford his wages maybe a wage negotiation could take place? It did happen in real life when Fowler left Leeds Utd.

Same thing happened to me at millwall where i was really tight on my wage budget...

anyway, i turned it down when they kept saying they wanted me to pay 2.5k of his wages and i just kept repeating the process of offering him to clubs.. eventually they came back (after about 10 attempts) and paid him in full so i was completely free of the useless beggar!!

Don't be bullied icon_biggrin.gif

I had an offer for him accepted, and offered him the max wages I could at the time, which I think was £50k per week, and I got a message come up saying "Van Der Vaart has agreed to join Norwich on a lesser contract, as Roma have agreed to pay £15,000 per week towards his wages" or something similar.

Archived