What is your best sale?

It is always great pleasure to sell your players over-priced and watch them slump afterwards.

I just sold Saviola, 31-year-old, to Roma for 10M at the end of the last season. Four months later, at the start of the next season, its value has already dropped to 2.2M, and he has yet to play a single game for Roma.

Feel like being able to sell stocks just before a crash

It is always great pleasure to sell your players over-priced and watch them slump afterwards.

I just sold Saviola, 31-year-old, to Roma for 10M at the end of the last season. Four months later, at the start of the next season, its value has already dropped to 2.2M, and he has yet to play a single game for Roma.

Feel like being able to sell stocks just before a crash

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Facers1:

Pre patch on 08 i sold Peter Crouch to AC Milan for £34.5 million </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's really impressive

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

As a small-club manager, I have a habit of adding 50% sell-on clauses when my players are poached by big-time charlies.

There's nothing so satisfying as £10 million dropping into your account in League One 5 years later, setting you up for life! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

Although a quality player, I managed to sell Armed Traore (Arsenal LB) to Barcelona for 40 Million. The confusing thing being they played 3 at the back with a straight 5 man midfield. He has never caught. I replaced him with Pander from Shalke for 8.75 Million, who was just as good for me.

I think the worst bit of bussiness that I thought was good at the time was selling Micheal Johnson for 16 Million to Liverpool with no sell on clauses and he had his best ever season, scoring a hat-trick against me in the League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg, two seasons later they sold him to Spurs for a massive 34.5 Million.

I got something like $52 million for Altidore from Chelsea with a 50% resale clause and a friendly after 4 years on the roster. He was valued around $18 mill.

Got $32 million for Schmeichel from one of the French sides a year after signing him on a free.

Also got $18 for Eddie Johnson from Aston Villa 1 year after signing him for $3 million.

Somehow offloading Emmanuel Eboue from Arsenal, to Inter Milan for £18.5m. Good deal - best bargain but ever i had was signing Gianluigi Buffon for £8m on FM07, it was a stunning signing, still cannot quite believe i did that!

I took over at Liverpool in 2013 and signed an awesome regen left back for 350k. For the first three months of the season it was between him (Cosentio his name was) and Domenico Criscito. Come January my regen was playing a lot better and was only 19, stats rapidly improving so i got 30mil from Barca for Criscito, best bit of business in my fm history!

In my Leeds save:

Sergio Mota, bougth for around £2.5-3 mill, sold to Tottenham for £11mill +50% next sale

Alex Teixera, bought for £1.6mill, sold for £8 mill +50% next sale to some Spanish side.

Bocundji Ca, brought for £3.5mill, sold for £9 mill +45% to Man U 6 months after he signed.

Got 85 mil for Cristiano Ronaldo. The boy never fits in any of my teams ever. Nice sum, eh? But beside these high-price-super-club sells, probably the wildest one was 35 for Ballack - because I got Ballack on free transfer, he had a good season, and his price went skyhigh after Tottenham offered that much, which not only surprised me, but shocked me.

In FM06, I signed Park Joo-Young (or Park Chu-Young), the then-red-hot Korean forward for about USD1.5M to Ajax, sold him 4 years later for some 50M to AC Milan. By then I already had a harem of promising strikers looking to have a shot at the first team.

I managed to get 60M € from Drogba sold to AC Milan, he got injured for 2 months 2 days after his transfer and played only 2 games for Milan. But he managed a comeback next season and we met again in the semi final of the CL where we destroyed him and his team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Facers1:

Pre patch on 08 i sold Peter Crouch to AC Milan for £34.5 million </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

almost fell over when i read this(could have been an earthquake)

can yu imagine crouch at AC, oohh my days.

Just sold Kuyt to spurs for £14m, which consider to be decent money.

Crouch is also at Milan on mine but i only got £7.5m for him. But Joaquon was listed for £14.5m and i wanted him badly (he choose Inter in the end, gutted) icon_rolleyes.gif

I used to get offers for alonso (FM06) for £25m-£30m but replacing him for less than £10m was much harder than i first thought.

A few teams were sniffing around (Arsenal's) Denilson, so i thought i'd put them off by negotiating a 30 mil bid for the kid... Seeing as he was around 6th choice and a little unhappy at me for not playign enough anyway, i thought what the hell...

Next thing i know, my chairman's accepting 30 mil offers for me. :-D

Darren Fletcher to Newcastle for $24m

Thomas Kusczak to Portmouth for $23m

Not mediocre but were aging, Michael Carrick (30yo) back to Tottenham for $42mill ($8mill profit)

Mikael Silvistre (32yo) to Man City $5mill

Louis Saha (31) to Aston Villa for about $10mill and 2 seasons later is now rotting in the reserves and only worth $240k!

In terms of $$ made, Ciprian Marica to Portsmouth for $25mill + $9.75mill (30 appearances) + $11.75mill (20 goals) + 35% sell on fee when I got him on a free.

On FM 07 I had a regen right-back named Lee Everett. He was my second choice for his post when Roma came calling. They submitted an enquiry and I replied that for £60m they would get him.

Obviously, I wanted to simply price them out as I had no intention of selling the player. However, they offered me £60m... I, of course, did not turn it down as it was too good an opportunity. I made Everton rich as they had a 20% sell on clause. Bet they didn't expect to get as much for a player they had sold for £1m!

I sold Michael Owen to Inter Milan for £15m in the first January transfer window.

Over 3 full seasons, he scored 10 league goals. He then moved to Man United for £4.4m and scored 6 league goals in 2 seasons, in 43 games.

He's now rotting in their reserves at the age of 32 (Nearly 33). He still looks pretty decent tbh but they've got much better options now.

Mathieu Louis-Jean. Bought him in on a free in August and sold him for £2k to Forest Green in January. Played like pants every time he put on a cherries shirt and I would have paid to get rid of him.

Worst free transfer I have ever signed and best sale I ever made.

Of course I'm sure he's not that bad in real life. icon_biggrin.gif

Christian Albert, a regen midfielder. He was a decent enough player, chipped in with a few goals now and then, but nothing particularly special, and was valued at £6.75m. Managed to squeeze £22m out of Barcelona for him.

Archived