Catch up mentality

It's just curiosity really. In my games i came to realize that it's a bad thing to score first or to be up by 2 goals, because after that you get an avalanche from the opponent. Sometimes they turn the game completely from 2-0 to 2-3 or get the draw right at the end.

Nhl hockey from EA a couple of years ago had this known issue. Is there something similar going on here, that i'm not aware of.

U could make the point of tactics, but the players were just not doing what i told them to do. Not because the other team didnt let them, just because they were dumb.

If you want i can post the game, either way it was PSV 2 - 2 Madrid. Playing for PSV.

So, is anyone going through the same. I sure hope i don't score first on my games!!

It's just curiosity really. In my games i came to realize that it's a bad thing to score first or to be up by 2 goals, because after that you get an avalanche from the opponent. Sometimes they turn the game completely from 2-0 to 2-3 or get the draw right at the end.

Nhl hockey from EA a couple of years ago had this known issue. Is there something similar going on here, that i'm not aware of.

U could make the point of tactics, but the players were just not doing what i told them to do. Not because the other team didnt let them, just because they were dumb.

If you want i can post the game, either way it was PSV 2 - 2 Madrid. Playing for PSV.

So, is anyone going through the same. I sure hope i don't score first on my games!!

Ive had it more than once- also had it work in my favour, either way the representation is poor as the team that loses the lead suddenly finds its players playing awfully.

Well done SI for once again releasing a sub standard product that wont be fully finished until a month or two after release. When will you learn?

It is definitely your tactics & your team talks.

Often as a team expecting to get promotion I get 2-0 up before half-time, sometimes giving an "I'm pleased" team talk is worse than none at all, and if you look at the confidence levels some players often get complacement. You'll need to monitor which players (probably very determined and professional ones) don't get this and which do get this. Plus the opposition will often go more attacking, so you need to balance that by trying to keep possession (if they go 4-2-4), or counter, etc.

There definitely seems to be a catchup goal issue as has been documented in other threads - although not game breaking it can be decidedly annoying. I found if I score in the second half the opposition will immediately change to 4-2-4 and very often score an equaliser before I have even had a chance to get any tactical changes or shouts accepted - even if I'm playing defensive or counterattacking previously. If it happens the other way round I lose a lot of time waiting for the tactical change (to attacking or whatever) to take effect next time the ball is out of play. I would guess the devs will tweak this for the next patch.

Having said that, in one friendly away against a Serie B Italy side I went 3-2 up with 10 minutes left. I switched to 'contain' strategy with maximum timewasting, NO counterattack, and full defence etc. And promptly scored three goals in the last ten minutes to win 6-3. That's conclusive proof that players might not do what you tell them...

It is definitely your tactics & your team talks.

I don't think so. Imagine in real life if Man U were 2-0 up against Wolves at old trafford. They'd destroyed them all game and was only 10 mins left on the clock. Now, would Fergie have to change his tactis to keep the lead? Would he have to go all out defend and have to drop his defensive line to keep the win? No! If he carried on playing how he'd played all game he probably score another goal or two. Not so in FM10. If he stuck to the same tactics in this game he'd draw the game! Totally unrealistic.

Archived