Can't play FM2010 anymore!!!

When i first got the game i loved it and still do really but there's just little things making it impossible for me to enjoy playing anymore :(

The following problems are just spoiling a really great game

1) Problem with Player Ratings and League Statistics for Background Leagues. Just ruins everything when trying to judge how players are performing.

2) Too many long goals. I never knew shooting from 25 yards was easier than inside the box.

3) Strikers scoring too many goals the likes of which have never been seen in the history of football and probably never will. Post war has any player scored 40+ league goals in 30+ games in the English top division? Will that ever happen?

4) How the tactics perform in the match engine in general. Not playing how you tell it to.

5) Player subscriptions being lost meaning you never know if players on your shortlist are being bid on.

I'm hoping these will all be addressed in the next patch so i can start playing again. :)

I agree with everything you said, but you missed out appalling defending, penalties not being saved.....EVER!!!, the lack of goals scored from corners, bad tackling stats, you ever seen a defender like Terry only make 4 tackles in a game?, the Barca like passing from teams like Brighton, awful fan feedback after games(they're always dissapointed unless you win). I wouldn't say its unplayable, but the game isn't finished......again!

I agree with everything you said, but you missed out appalling defending, penalties not being saved.....EVER!!!, the lack of goals scored from corners, bad tackling stats, you ever seen a defender like Terry only make 4 tackles in a game?, the Barca like passing from teams like Brighton, awful fan feedback after games(they're always dissapointed unless you win). I wouldn't say its unplayable, but the game isn't finished......again!

I agree with you 100% on that. My fans where happy when i draw at home scoring late on but i draw away at Arsenal and they are unhappy. I wouldnt say its unplayable but on old fms i could play for hours straight but with this 1 i cant play for longer than half an hour without getting fed up. Hope the new patch sorts this out but a game of this stature shouldnt have this many bugs seeing as they said that fm 10 would be similar to 09 but bug free, and yes i understand that no game is completely bug free but to have so many yet again and make the game worse than 09 which i thought was impossible is a joke. Rant Over

How could I forget Press Confrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I think I fell asleep doing one once, calling them boring is understatement, they are not needed in the game, serve no purpose and are waste of programming time. Just lost 1-0 to Preston, peppered their goal all game, they have 1 pin perfect deep cross from their left back, both my CB's stop to tie their laces, goal in the 89th minute, they have 1 shot on target, it goes in, I have 7 on target, 3 clear cut, and I lose, sums up this game so far. I looked at the manager of Preston, and it was Paul Merson, COME ON!!!!! Who would hire Merson!!!!!!

I am most annoyed having to go through team-talks and opp. instructions , i also hate half time break , fm07 was much better in this field since appointing ass. manager = you never had to go through those screens again.

Tactically the game is far better (although somewhat easier) from previous releases and does have some cool **** like better finances , super editor with ability to assign a second division team as your B and more.

About the long shots/getting goals behind issue , learning how to defend space and how to make your midfield press while keeping positions is as crucial as in previous releases, with the right settings all AI can do is passing the ball around before losing it giving you the chance of a counter attack (this is something i have not achieve yet but i am close) ; skip the tactics editor and give exact instructions in each player .

I dont understand that strikers scroing goals is a bad thing ?

Because i want realism from FM! :)

In my first real game i play 4 seasons as Liverpool. During that time Carlos Tevez scored over 35 league goals every season for Man City. In the first season he played 32 games and scored 47 goals. THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN! Jesus Christ signing for Everton is more likely than that. :cool:

haha, ive already given up with this version i will wait until the next patch and play championship manager 2010 instead in the meantime...

Things haven't got that bad!!!:D

The thing that's peeing my off the most at the moment is the average ratings of players in background leagues. It's just complete BS that matches simulated in the background should give such drastic differences in ratings to the active league you're managing in. :(

I was unable to play FM2009 until the 3rd patch was released and then i really enjoyed it. Unfortunately the 3rd patch comes at a time when you've only got a few months until the next FM game is released and it starts all over again.

Guys its just a game.... and its good to play so what if Someone scores 60 goals a season

Really? To me there's a big difference between something that's trying to be a simulation and something that's just a 'game'. :cool:

I always thought FM was trying to be a simulation of football management and wanted to be realistic. If not and it's just a footy manager 'game' (like FIFA manager mode) then that's fair enough i suppose. :)

Things haven't got that bad!!!:D

The thing that's peeing my off the most at the moment is the average ratings of players in background leagues. It's just complete BS that matches simulated in the background should give such drastic differences in ratings to the active league you're managing in. :(

I was unable to play FM2009 until the 3rd patch was released and then i really enjoyed it. Unfortunately the 3rd patch comes at a time when you've only got a few months until the next FM game is released and it starts all over again.

Championship Manager 2010 only cost me a pound so I don't care if it's not as good at least ill have a lot more fun and i can't grumble at the price :)

I am most annoyed having to go through team-talks and opp. instructions , i also hate half time break , fm07 was much better in this field since appointing ass. manager = you never had to go through those screens again.

Tactically the game is far better (although somewhat easier) from previous releases and does have some cool **** like better finances , super editor with ability to assign a second division team as your B and more.

About the long shots/getting goals behind issue , learning how to defend space and how to make your midfield press while keeping positions is as crucial as in previous releases, with the right settings all AI can do is passing the ball around before losing it giving you the chance of a counter attack (this is something i have not achieve yet but i am close) ; skip the tactics editor and give exact instructions in each player .

That is what I have been saying for the last three games (FM08, FM09 and FM10).

I didn't know you could assign a second division team as my B team.

I agree with you and more like Transfers seems to be more real then this version the only problem was is somewhat difficult to sell players and that lack of interest of lower teams for almost retired players.

The rest I think is excellent. Just also add if possible the new League editor to FM07 editor, then I would very happy kid at Christmas.

How could I forget Press Confrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I think I fell asleep doing one once, calling them boring is understatement, they are not needed in the game, serve no purpose and are waste of programming time. Just lost 1-0 to Preston, peppered their goal all game, they have 1 pin perfect deep cross from their left back, both my CB's stop to tie their laces, goal in the 89th minute, they have 1 shot on target, it goes in, I have 7 on target, 3 clear cut, and I lose, sums up this game so far. I looked at the manager of Preston, and it was Paul Merson, COME ON!!!!! Who would hire Merson!!!!!!

This post is epic. +1

This belongs to "editor" thread but the best way is

1.Put an affiliate

2. In relations tab add "is B team" , same board works for me.

3.If you are about to loan many players you must give them good money so they can afford their wages

4.Check out because sometimes they may put your players in the transfer list if they can not afford their wages.

That is what I have been saying for the last three games (FM08, FM09 and FM10).

I agree with you and more like Transfers seems to be more real then this version the only problem was is somewhat difficult to sell players and that lack of interest of lower teams for almost retired players.

The rest I think is excellent. Just also add if possible the new League editor to FM07 editor, then I would very happy kid at Christmas.

I agree with this, been saying the FM07 experience is far better for years. I didn't put up with it for 08/09 but coping with it for this release because everything else is better than 08/09 (not hard like).

Why oh why you can't switch off the option to have to go through opp inst's etc is beyond me, FM07 was so simple, 'go to match', then the game would take you to team talk withouth having to click anything and then you had the option of clicking on opp inst's if you want. Then simply play! Now it is so long winded and mind numbing it's unreal. click , click, click, click, click, show me the game for god's sake!!!!

its interesting to see that I am not the only one having drastic problems with the game.

Dont get me wrong, I loved the new features in the tactics screen, but like someone else said, whats the point of having such a detailed tactics screen when at the end of the day, the match engine seems to be random? How can a player with the long shot ability of 6, composure of 10 and determination of 8 score a euro goal (35 yards out) againt my team in the 87th minute? which costed me the passage to the quarter finals in the coppa italia

I have also encountered lower level teams with barca like passing, with complex triangulations and one touch football, when funnily enough in the pre-match advise meeting my assistant manager informs me that my team has all the advantages in all areas?!

And the defending in the game is unbeleivable, intercepted passes bounce awkardly only to end up in opposition hands, closing down a player 5 seconds after that player has overtook the defender, goalkeepers WALKING within the 6 yard box after punching the ball out of trouble, only to concede a long shot goal (yet again), because he was walking (slowly might I add) back to his position, all this has happened to me no matter what kind of tactic I use. The funny thing is that the DEMO didnt seem to have all these problems!! so I really cant understand whats happening, I saved all the tactics, training schedules etc. I used in the demo in order to use them in the full game, and the results are totally different!

I'm going to stop here because there's a looong list, I dont like complaining like this and I'm going to try to help in anyway I can by uploading some saved game files, but Like someone said, i dont want to wait months in order to play this game properly, especially if the patch the solves all these problems ends up being released only a few months before the release date of Fm11..... I'd like to get my money's worth!

Team talks, opposition instructions, and press conferences are also my pet hates.

I would not say it is unplayable but my chelsea team always shoot from long range,no goals at all from corners, in fact the goalkeeper always claims the ball,the amount of times I have missed 1 on 1's,hit the post,hit the bar is no ones business. I feel there is still a lot of work to do and sometimes I wish that SI would release the game later,whats the beta testing for really if you release a camp that causes people problems.

Just to pick up on one of your points, what the hell is the beta testing for? Clearly it isn't working or the people they have doing it are nothing but yes men or don't know what to look for.

I always feel sympathy when comes to testing and testers.

Imagine they have x number of testers, playing and replaying the game over and over.

As soon as it is released, thousands (millions? I havent seen sales figures) of people play it for hours and hours. You just cannot replicate that in a test environment - hence we have patches and a place like this for people to provide constructive feedback.

Sometimes it makes me smile when you see something not picked up but I see it in a massively scaled down way day to day at work. I think you have to cut them a little bit of slack :)

I agree, they need some slack yes.

Surely though if I can create a game and notice a bug/fault whatever you want to call it, within half an hour, then the tester should notice it too? Or did I get really lucky and find the one thing that slipped by them cos I am playing the game in a way that is alien to a tester?

You'd hope so but I have seen all manner of things slip through the gaze of a tester. I work for a training company and someone released an iteration of our website with a typo in the word 'training' :)

Not saying we can excuses all bugs, but some. And some aren't even bugs to begin with but then that is a whole other story!

You also make a good point about your style of play. For example I only use two views (or did until you could customise them). So had there been an error on one of the other views I'd never have noticed it regardless.

Everybody knows that the game is finished after the last patch in february. So why you dont buy the game after that date and play it for 1 year till the 3rd patch for the next FM is released? All you need is a bit patient. You will not find any game out there that is bugfree on release date today, espacially games like FM with a fixed date every year. If you cant wait then stop complaining and take what you will get.

I can say I played all of Tomb Raiders games without installing a single patch. Nor in Crysis, C&C3 Tiberium Wars, C&C Red Alert 3, Mass Effect, Prince of Persia, Assassin Creed and any of the Need for Speed games without any glitch except the last one. And in the last one of Need for speed has i considered a bug that the car is beyond control on keyboard: The forums there it wasn't and I was just moaning. Since I'm not a fan of Need For Speed, I sent the to very worm place and picked up the game and went to ask for refund and to be honest I won't buy any more Need for Speed games.

Anyway there are games that comes with no bugs, not I found one in those games, so that isn't a very good reason. Now if the reason would be SI are overwhelm for yearly release and that is the reason for the bugs, that would be more believable.

However I found several In my Fifa10 PS3 version, which is the reason I against of yearly release. If EA Sport team can't release a bug free game Imagine now a team of the size of SI.

Well i agree with all this post. but the game is playable. its more frustrating as simple errors such as goalkeepers and defenders are horrible. THIS GAME IS FOR ONLY STRIKERS....its amazing how Rooney in my game scores 23 goals in 13 appearance. Every team plays like barca....even Bolton. The AW issues too makes this worse they don't close down no matter what. how can your formation only work when they apply only the offensive side of your instructions???and last the RED CARDS!!!

i agree with just about every post in here

i just can't get into the game am trying me best in Lower leagues of different countries but I last what half an hour before the I scream with the AI getting two penalties a game, 30 yard wonder goals, strikers score in two games then go eight games without even a shot. I wish they had of kept with simplicity of 2007 but with a league editor maybe, just have to keep trying to get into the game

I agree with the OP.

I still love FM but I just decided to go back to FM09 as there are so many issues (which are for me mostly: The crashes and the fact that there are no games that end 0-0 = too many goals/tactical issues) that lower my FM-experience. I never had real problems with my tactics before nor was I concerned by FM crashes and I don't want to whine and discuss my problems here, I just hope that a patch is released soon.

Don't count with it. When it is ready is ready.

Also if I remember the patch thread that was on sticky a while ago, I remember Miles saying that second patch was pointed to be released at the beginning of December or at least before Christmas and third Patch would only be released in mist of February to include the data update.

For some reason they erased that post.

Don't count with it. When it is ready is ready.

Also if I remember the patch thread that was on sticky a while ago, I remember Miles saying that second patch was pointed to be released at the beginning of December or at least before Christmas and third Patch would only be released in mist of February to include the data update.

For some reason they erased that post.

Silence is ok when you can get away with it, once the CM and Fifa Manager series get their acts together people won't be so forgiving if there's an equal alternative...:rolleyes:

They probably removed it when they found these problems and thought 'oh s***, better get one out sooner this is a real problem' ;)

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows? If they sort these problems with the Stats (I think it is the stats and not the ME or how the ME interprets the stats with Press Conferences, Morale and Team Talks) and hiding the opp. instructions and Team Talks when I choose the Ass Manager to be in charge of them I would be perfectly happy.

Note: i don't have much hope to my request of the subs stopping the time automatically, but I'm willing to compromise this by pausing the time to make the subs.

I sometimes wonder if I have a different game to other people. I really do.

I second this. The game is fine. Whingers like this lot is one of the major reasons I haven't been on these forums since FM08. I probably won't spend much time here now. Knew it was a mistake coming back. FM10 is a great game, if your having problems, I'd suggest investing time in getting better at it or learning about football rather than crying on this site.

Maybe we do have a different game (mine is a digital download version) cozw mine is broken!!! I cant sign players on free transfers, and I (i'm not alone with this problem) cant sign staff at all, I approach to sign and nothing...no response at all...ever...second season around february with Boro and I have no staff at all!!!!

Patch is needed.

3) Strikers scoring too many goals the likes of which have never been seen in the history of football and probably never will. Post war has any player scored 40+ league goals in 30+ games in the English top division? Will that ever happen?

:)

Marcus Stewart for Ipswich

Kevin Phillips for Sunderland

I want to say Andy Cole too but that seems a bit silly..:eek:

Marcus Stewart for Ipswich

Kevin Phillips for Sunderland

I want to say Andy Cole too but that seems a bit silly..:eek:

Marcus Stewart scored 19 goals for Ipswich in 2000–01?

Kevin Phillips scored 30 goals for Sunderland in 1999-00?

Andy Cole score 34 goals for Newcastle in 93-94?

(according to wikipedia)

Player subscriptions being lost meaning you never know if players on your shortlist are being bid on.

This is a big problem for me, on previous versions you would be kept informed on anything that happens to players on your shortlist.

Now you go to their profile and find they have moved clubs. Very annoying so please change this in the patch.

Cheers

Edgar 555, please make sure you stay off the forums if you have an attitude like that,most people are not whinging like you are but laying out points that need looking at or are spoiling their game that lets face it,should not have as many bugs in as it has Thats what testers are for.

Archived