Work Permits

EU nationals can get work permits. It's the only reason Liverpool signed Lucas, his second nationality is Italian i think.

Other than that they have to play so many of their teams international games. I've got a quality Ukrainian i can't get a permit for cos he doesn't play for the national team enough. Hopefully he will now he bangs in the goals at the feeder club.

Other than that they have to play so many of their teams international games.

Or they have to be classed as exceptional, extremely talented or have a bright future ahead of them. These ones are sometimes granted on appeal. Sometimes you get 'em sometimes you don't

To obtain a work permit, a player needs to have played either 50% of international games for which he was available in the last 12 months, or 75% games he is available for in the last 2 years.

However, it would appear on appeal, they just make it up as they go along.

Or they have to be classed as exceptional, extremely talented or have a bright future ahead of them. These ones are sometimes granted on appeal. Sometimes you get 'em sometimes you don't

Or the person applying for the permit is called Alex Ferguson!

Here is the full list of the FA's rules, 75% of internationals over the previous two years, country has to be in the FIFA top 70 on average over the last two years (although the ELO would be a better ranking system here as it takes historical performance into account). The rules for the appeals panel are also included, which basically are a get out to be able to bring in top Brazilians/Argentinian etc. who are not always in the national team.

Thanks for the feed back, much appreciated, i just got Bruno Zuculini for my team and had no problems with a WP his other nationality is Italian, but could not get another older left back that i wanted and thats what made me so curious about the whole WP thing :)

EU nationals can get work permits. It's the only reason Liverpool signed Lucas, his second nationality is Italian i think.

If your from a country that is part of the EU then you don't need a work permit. Work permits are only needed if your from a non eu country or if you dont have dual nationality.

Archived