Leaking Goals

I've had the worst defence in the league for two, going on three seasons now. Tried loads of different tactics, and given them chance to work too, and still ship in goals left right and centre. Anyone got any advice?

Maybe it's just my players who are poo.

Though I notice Fulham got beat 10-1 by Wolves in one game, so looks like Roy Hodgson might be having the same problems.

I've had the worst defence in the league for two, going on three seasons now. Tried loads of different tactics, and given them chance to work too, and still ship in goals left right and centre. Anyone got any advice?

Maybe it's just my players who are poo.

Though I notice Fulham got beat 10-1 by Wolves in one game, so looks like Roy Hodgson might be having the same problems.

defending is none existant in this game and needs fixing...

I thought i'd cracked it with my 5-3-1-1 formation with full backs playing defensive and two defensive midfilders, until i got beat 4-0 by Hull in the cup.

I've now given up trying to work the game out and just play how i'd tell a real life team to play.

get better players.

Hmm, didn't think of that, good idea. :rolleyes:

Setting the general tactic from Control/Attack/Overload to Normal worked wonders for me in that situation.

But i agree, however, that it is harder to keep a clean sheet than in FM09.

I hardly created chance on standard though, there seems to be a precarious balance of control and attack in this game.

Doing a bit better now i have goalkeeping choices of Boruc and Ochoa, but now i've said that it'll be another 5 goal drubbing in the next game.

I have the most problems with my DMC, he's all over the place. He doesn't protect the defensive line.

Set as anchor man in an attacking tactic. Any ideas?

I changed the closing down setting to almost own area.. Most teams i watch irl have their DMC's standing off, not roaming around. And No, he's set to No roaming.

I have the same problem. Its absolutely ridiculous and it's nout to do with my tactics (gonna try setting it to default mind you) my defenders just play like, well, *******. I've noticed that the game 'makes' them do ******** things just so that the computer can score (sprinting 20 yards forward to let the winger in behind, pushing people over in the box under no pressure, just kicking the ball out for a corner under no pressure, sometimes take 3-5 seconds to just turn around, being fooled by someone running in one direction; then the other, standing off players no matter what tackling/closing down settings they play under. The really annoying thing is that I have now not failed to score in about 20odd games.

Also, am I the only one that think the new pre-sets that they've introduced have just made things ridiculously hard by being absolutely ********? In my first game with my precious villa I was 2-1 against Liverpool only to be left slack-jawed after seeing torres unmarked at a corner. By default under my attacking strategy 4 people stayed up for corners. We had a man on each post but no one picking up one of the best strikers on the league. If my laptop hadn't been so new I would have put my fist through the screen!

Archived