Any one gone back to 09?

I am not FM10 bashing here as this is purely my opinion. But has any one just not taken to the new version and reverted back to 09?

I played through 3 seasons in FM 10 and really enjoyed some aspects, such as tactic wizard improved conferences.

Also disliked repetitive aspects such as pre-match advice meetings.

But have decided that in my opinion 09 is a better version.

Remember my opinion! And I expect to be totally shot down by all new, already die-hard FM10 fans.

Personally I'm quite happy playing FM10. It's a vast improvement over '09 and as for the pre-match meetings I ignore them sometimes unless I feel their input would benefit me which does happy now and again. The tactics wizard is useful, backroom advice is invaluable and overall the game is faster in most senses. I feel now that tactical changes during a game have a visable impact and have been sucked in again which never happened in '09.

Still all down to opinion and if FM09 is your preferred FM of choice that's cool.

Yeah Im 50/50 here, I do love some of the aspects of the new version but Im sick to death of 4-3 wins and 6-4 losses. Give me a 1-0 dull win anyday! Its just not realistic..

With Cork City I have players worth 2 million and in the real world this just would not happen. One player yes but 5 or 6???

The old version you would buy a player for 2 million and within 3 months he would be worth 150k, that was another unrealitic aspect, its just like they went from one extreme to another!

Yeah Im 50/50 here, I do love some of the aspects of the new version but Im sick to death of 4-3 wins and 6-4 losses. Give me a 1-0 dull win anyday! Its just not realistic..

With Cork City I have players worth 2 million and in the real world this just would not happen. One player yes but 5 or 6???

The old version you would buy a player for 2 million and within 3 months he would be worth 150k, that was another unrealitic aspect, its just like they went from one extreme to another!

I think we are in the same boat here, entirely undecided between the 2.

Are you currently playing 10 though?

--------------------

What are your tactics?!! I have played two seasons on my proper save game and both I have averaged about 1.3 goals a game and 0.7 goals against. The whole league seems to have low scoring games...

I think we are in the same boat here, entirely undecided between the 2.

Are you currently playing 10 though?

Yeah I am! Just about but I reckon when this save is done and dusted Ill just put the game to one side.

--------------------

What are your tactics?!! I have played two seasons on my proper save game and both I have averaged about 1.3 goals a game and 0.7 goals against. The whole league seems to have low scoring games...

Different, I started with 4-4-2 attacking, fluid play basically go for it. Fair enough I understand high scoring games. I then tried Counter! Almost same scenario.. I even went defensive at home and still won a game 3-1! Whatever people say about tactics it cant be this unrealistic!

i loved 09 so much that i'm still playing it!! my liverpool career has been very slow, however i hate playing games that just wiz by. anyway, after a few seasons you have made your own squad more-or-less so getting the new FM10 with updated squads just didnt make sense to me

Archived