Direct Freekicks

Kyno

I'm well into my 3rd season on this save with PSG, and have yet to score a direct free kick. My takers, without player naming, have 15-16 Free Kick taking & 15-18 Technique. So not wonderful, but good, especially by the standard of Ligue 1. I've scored one or two indirectly from free kicks, but not many.

Anyone else found this?

Completely agree with this! I've got Srna and Beckham in my team and neither are scoring many free-kicks. Probably one or two each in two seasons. On 09 i signed Srna and he scored about 15 a season, which I guess is probably too many free kicks but this year there are too few. Would be nice to see a few more match winning free kicks going in!

Is there no way of getting stats from previous season to know how many you've scored? Would be alot more sensical to have this available to see where your goals come from or are conceded without having to look at individual matches. All i can find is goals from corners, IFK's and DFK's for individual competitions. Would be nice to see if you have alot of success with wide play, long shots, possession play, or how you concede.

In my Man City save, I had Tevez taking my free kicks. In the 1st season, he couldn't miss. He would score 1 every 3 games. 2nd season comes along and not only is he missing free kicks, he's missing one-on-ones, standard shots. Sure he's got 37 goals in 47 games, but he never seems to score when it matters. He may score 3 against Bohemians in the Euro Cup and 4 against APOEL, but when I need him, he's pants. Same goes for Adebayor. Gareth Barry is starting to catch up to him from midfield.

Archived