Can you use FM2009 saved games in FM2010?

I would like to purchase FM2010, but would like to know if anyone has tried to use their FM2009 saves in FM2010.

I would assume you can't use FM2009 saves in FM2010 because they have different databases?

I would hate to start all over after having won the treble in my first season and getting my 2nd season off to a flying start by winning the Spanish Super Cup :D

I would like to purchase FM2010, but would like to know if anyone has tried to use their FM2009 saves in FM2010.

I would assume you can't use FM2009 saves in FM2010 because they have different databases?

I would hate to start all over after having won the treble in my first season and getting my 2nd season off to a flying start by winning the Spanish Super Cup :D

No not possible...

Again, your assumption is correct :D

If you enjoy that save maybe continue playing it and buy FM10 when it is fully patched :thup:

If you enjoy that save maybe continue playing it and buy FM10 when it is fully patched :thup:

Is the game really that buggy? Not that I expect a game to be perfect when it is released, but at the same time, I don't like playing games with a lot of bugs.

Hopefully it won't be too long. I have both update patches for FM2009 (9.0.2 and 9.0.3) and the game plays fine.

In the mean time, I will continue to enjoy FM2009 and the FM2010 Demo until such time I decide to purchase FM2010.

Is the game really that buggy? Not that I expect a game to be perfect when it is released, but at the same time, I don't like playing games with a lot of bugs.

Hopefully it won't be too long. I have both update patches for FM2009 (9.0.2 and 9.0.3) and the game plays fine.

Well I'm playing FM10 with the first patch and it seems fine for me. But then again there are a lot more picky gamers than me :thup:

Well I'm playing FM10 with the first patch and it seems fine for me. But then again there are a lot more picky gamers than me :thup:

I am not that picky either..I may wait a couple of months and see what patches they come out with and get it down the road.

Yep, game is mostly fine with me, I don't get any errors like anyone else is talking about (except defensive errors :p - mention no names *cough* Gallas *cough*)

It is certainly not game-breaking as far as I have experienced.

You could always go out and buy it and see what you think, and if you consider it unplayable, go back to FM09 until they release patch 2 :p

you sure? that's exactly what i want, o don't care about the database, it is fine in my game, i just want to continue a long game, with the match engine, interface and programming issues fixed

Positive, been the same way in every version. Start a game when the game is released and you can continue to play it after every patch. I think that the odd bug was not fixed unless a new game is started but I think that's rare and I've never had an issue when continuing a long save through patching.

You could always go out and buy it and see what you think, and if you consider it unplayable, go back to FM09 until they release patch 2 :p

I have the FM2010 demo.

My Impressions (This is based on the demo and not the entire game, so please don't flame me for what I say):

As far as I have seen, the 3D match engine is a definite improvement over 09.

I do NOT like the way they re did the menus though, coming from FM2009, I was used to the way the menu was setup in that game. Seems to me, the lay out in FM2010 is counter intuitive compared to FM2009 (Minor nitpick, won't stop me from getting the game though, if I do decide to get it and if I do, it will be something I have to get used to).

Unsure of gameplay since I didn't really dive into the demo that much. But as I said earlier, I am not that much of a nit pick when it comes to games, what it comes down to for me is whether or not I enjoy the game overall.

Why not put FM09 and FM10 on your computer and then you can play both...not at the same time though...LOL.

RG

Do the words financial crisis ring a bell :D

Can't afford to buy anything for my PC at the moment...just spent $130 on a used 19" LCD monitor (Since my 17" CRT monitor died).

Do the words financial crisis ring a bell :D

Can't afford to buy anything for my PC at the moment...just spent $130 on a used 19" LCD monitor (Since my 17" CRT monitor died).

Yes the words 'Financial Crisis' do ring a bell, but as I dont know you or your financial status how I am I to know.

RG

Yes the words 'Financial Crisis' do ring a bell, but as I dont know you or your financial status how I am I to know.

RG

Let's just say after buying my LCD monitor, had to save some money for food, gas for the car etc ;)

Archived