Stupid fans?

I manage Ipswich, and having a bit of trouble with the clubs stupid fans.

I'm talking about their reaction to selling/ free transfering players.

Guy is 33, plays 5 games and spends the rest of the time in the reserves. Free transfered at the end of the season, and the fans see it as an abberration? Huh?

Got promoted to the PL after the 3rd season. So I sold off a bunch of players who were clearly not going to make it in the PL (not long serving players mind you, players I signed to get the job done in the Championship) and replaced them with players with PL experience

(big thanks to Bolton for getting relegated). And the fans go nuts about the sales. 2nd season after avoiding the drop, I get a couple of good signings done, and I sell a couple of players to raise some money (these players were backup players all of last season) and the fans hate me for it.

I could understand if I took over Manchester United and promptly kicked out Giggs, Scholes and Neville... But getting rid of rubbish players who don't play? Give me a break.

I've also noticed this. I signed Mark Viduka as backup for a season just in case I suffered the worst injury crisis but he hardly ever played and was left to rot in the reserves before leaving on a free. My fans were somehow saddened to see him leave the club despite the fact that he'd played about 4 games for the club and never scored.

The fans and the board were also angry that I sold Keith Andrews. Although he did do a job for me, i was sinking deeper into the red and Everton offered £5.5 million. Great business for an average player, or at least i thought

Seems SI can never get this quite right..

At least this time we're not judged harshly for signing promising 16 year olds and NOT playing them in Premier League their first season :) That was awful last year

I'm also noticing that the fans think a sale is an aberration if a player does reasonably well for his new team (just below 7 avR), even if you have plenty of players on your team in the same position who are doing better. There are clearly a whole bunch of factors that aren't taken into considerations here. Unfortunately a quick and sloppy implementation of a feature that could be a nice way of getting feedback

Yeah, that. However, the most annoying part is when you manage a rubbish team and loose narrowly away to a top team, or even draw at home and they're disappointed. Happens to me at Blackburn an awful lot, 0-0 at home against United and several away losses to top four opposition left my fans in disbelief.

Maybe it doesn't even matter what the fans actually say. If you lose a game 1-0, they say they were disappointed but if you hold the mouse over the confidence bar, it usually shows about 47%. If you win 1-0, they're pleased but the bar is about 53% full. Not a big difference. You can lose a series of games, only losing a few percents of fan confidence level. I think only big wins or losses really affect confidence.

Archived