third season and already bit of realism lost?

im 33 games into my 3rd seson with liverpool, im in 2nd place, about 8 points behind man city, and believe it or not, WOLVES yes wolves, are in 3rd 5 points behind me and about 5 in front of chelsea/man u/arsenal/spurs... now on thier transfer budgets and crap squad, surely they shouldnt be in the champions league...

anyone else experienced anything like this?

I'm in my first season with Bayern Munich (would be way further into my game was it not for the darn crash dumps that sometimes simply discourage me to continue playing), and Hamburg is in 15th after 27 games, 4 pts from relegation with 4 wins, 10 ties and 13 losses. Now, I'll be the first to admit that the last 2 seasons in Bundesliga have been anything but predictable, but that's just ... outlandish, kind of on the same "suspension of disbelief" level of a wrestling match. Instead, Hannover and Frankfurt are right on the tails of Dortmund (certainly a higher possibility for them to be in 2nd than Hamburg relegating) and Leverkusen (got that one right at least), battling over the Champions League spots. If this was several years into the game ok, boneheaded management decisions could see to Hamburg dropping in quality (*cough Bayern Munich *cough), but not with this year's roster. Infact, somewhere along my season I have considered restarting because of this, just because it doesn't feel "right". In the end, I am sure I will stop playing on this save should Hamburg relegate ...

Honestly I think its the database thats poor.

FM used to be famous for its database, now I think that its extreemly unbalanced

Most of the world class players and "good" players are poor in the database. Just look at players like Walcott - terrible in FM2010.

Take a look at most of the top teams, they buy players with average stats, meerly buying players because of their CA/PA.

Average teams have players with mainly 12-15 for their stats and a lot of top clubs have players with exactly those attributes too.

Its no surprise that a poor side ends up doing well in FM2010, something needs to be done to make world class players WORLD CLASS and not woeful.

I also noticed that morale can have a huge effect regardless of teams skill.

I can have strikers score 4 or 5 against me in one game, and they have 7-10 finishing, bad composure etc.

I have no idea how some sides become world beaters, just because morale is high.

In FM it seems no matter what the attributes, as long as you get a good run going at the start of the season, you will probably go on and win something.

Is it just me or do Man Utd turn absolutely terrible after one season on every FM and on every game?!

Yep found that to mate - after 5 seasons I don't think they've finished in the top five

2nd season in, WBA finish 4th, Chris Wood Prem top goalscorer :eek:

Final nail in the Man Utd coffin - they've just released Rooney on mine, presumable because he's old (33).

Arshavin has just been released by Arsenal too at 32 years young.

I imagine the problem of teams releasing anyone over 30 will be solved in the next patch!

Definetly! what pp4eva said. Are none of you willing to recognize that some teams are actually able to establish themselves as a strong PL outfit even though they're fairly recently promoted? Or that teams like Tottenham, Villa, Everton or Sunderland (a team that's not gonna get relegated IRL very soon anyway) actually have a chance of moving on up in the league? It's only fair. Just look at Pompey. Won the FA cup fairly recently, most likely playing CCC next year. Things change. That's what makes FM so awesome, it's a nice little playpen crystal ball for the future. Will Henri Saivet break Ronaldo's transfer record in 7-8 years? Probably not. But i'd love to see it happen anyway.

fm is poor at managing debt, all the top clubs have large debt issues affecting the follow on years

it also never takes into account new income streams or from tv rights, it stays at a static amount

ai managers at the bigger clubs are very poor at building future squads, they just concentrate on the 1st team and marque signings

In my current Liverpool save, Arsenal are languishing in 17th place in the Premiership! :eek:

Only played about 12 games but they're losing every week. Absolutely no idea what is going on as they have a great squad, not much injuries, Wenger is still there etc etc.

It's just going horribly wrong for them at the minute. Quite funny as well tbh :D

Definetly! what pp4eva said. Are none of you willing to recognize that some teams are actually able to establish themselves as a strong PL outfit even though they're fairly recently promoted? Or that teams like Tottenham, Villa, Everton or Sunderland (a team that's not gonna get relegated IRL very soon anyway) actually have a chance of moving on up in the league? It's only fair.

I wasn't complained, just a little surprised - I'll eat my hat if the Baggies break the the top 4 next season :D

Speaking of apparently unrealistic league positions for big and small clubs, look at Hull's first half of last season, Newcastle and Middlesborough last season and Athletico Madrid this season.

It's an old worn down cliche but; in football anything is possible!

Is it just me or do Man Utd turn absolutely terrible after one season on every FM and on every game?!

Too right, Ferguson can't win a sausage and they turn in to what Liverpool are IRL, massive underachievers! This seriously needs looking at.....

I hate man utd but still they should be represented properly in the game so when I get a good team I can stuff the b*stards. :thup:

In football in general, performance of teams can get better or worse. However as a general rule teams get better or worse over a long period of time, not 2 seasons. It is much more likely that a team can rapidly fall through the leagues for a number of reasons, than a premier league minnow will (without massive investment from a man with too much money) suddenly purely on luck and form break into the Champions league.

In football anything can happen, but in major changes in team performance over full seasons, there is always, at least 1 underlying reason. ie. backroom disputes, massive financial mismanagement or massive investment.

Just my opinion, any thoughts welcome!:D

Honestly I think its the database thats poor.

FM used to be famous for its database, now I think that its extreemly unbalanced

Most of the world class players and "good" players are poor in the database. Just look at players like Walcott - terrible in FM2010.

Take a look at most of the top teams, they buy players with average stats, meerly buying players because of their CA/PA.

Average teams have players with mainly 12-15 for their stats and a lot of top clubs have players with exactly those attributes too.

Its no surprise that a poor side ends up doing well in FM2010, something needs to be done to make world class players WORLD CLASS and not woeful.

I also noticed that morale can have a huge effect regardless of teams skill.

I can have strikers score 4 or 5 against me in one game, and they have 7-10 finishing, bad composure etc.

I have no idea how some sides become world beaters, just because morale is high.

In FM it seems no matter what the attributes, as long as you get a good run going at the start of the season, you will probably go on and win something.

So just play with fictional players. Simple fix.

Man Utd finished 2nd in my first season, won the league in my second season but are now 6th in the third season. Totenham are currently sitting atop of the premiership with Liverpool second. Chelsea NOT doing well at all this year!

I can understand how people perceive it, but its not long ago that the small teams like Ipswich for example made the UEFA cup.

yeah but that was a one off... this is happening season in season out over loads of peoples games. its obviously a ****** bug or ME problem. its soo hard for teams to break into the top 4 in real life but on this game theres a new top 4 each year

In 2000, would you have though Leeds would have finished 15th in 2002/03?

Would you have thought Ipswich would have finished 5th, 4 or 5 points away from 2nd place? Would you have thought Hull would be in the Premiership? Or Reading, or Wigan?

Stuff like this happens.

The Big 4 doing that badly that quickly is a bit unrealistic, but it's better this year than in previous ones IMO.

yeah but that was a one off... this is happening season in season out over loads of peoples games. its obviously a ****** bug or ME problem. its soo hard for teams to break into the top 4 in real life but on this game theres a new top 4 each year

you one off claim isnt exactly correct

fulham made the uefa this year after nearly being relegated the previous year, middlesborough have (damn your penalty miss fowler!!)

everton broke the top 4, villa came very close last season, tottenham,villa and city are pushing very hard this

I'm in my first season with Bayern Munich and Hamburg is in 15th after 27 games, 4 pts from relegation with 4 wins, 10 ties and 13 losses. Now, I'll be the first to admit that the last 2 seasons in Bundesliga have been anything but predictable, but that's just ... outlandish

Look at the midseason table from - i believe - season 2006/2007 when Hamburg almost got relegated although they had e.g. Van der Vaart on their team. Bremen didn't do well last season. Berlin play in the Euro League and now they are 18th. Football is never predictable. The quality of the squad isn't always a guarantee that a club will be successful. Everybody who played FM once knows what I mean ;)

I have only played one savegame, but as it has been said, all the big teams (except City who can buy everybody, every season) struggle after a few years. In my game, Liverpool got relegated, and United struggle mid table every year pretty much.

They don't build for the future, so I now have about 5 players capped for Spain and England that were tranfer listed at age 17 for basically nothing.

The most alarming thing is the lack of talent after a few years, but that might be just my save game. I got the england seat, and there is not a single class player under 28 except Rodwell. Impossible task of getting results. Also noticable by the 48% domestic players in the Premier league! I have one born englishman in my first team squad. Not because I don't want more, but because I couldn't afford Wayne and the rest is rubbish...

I'm in my first season with Bayern Munich (would be way further into my game was it not for the darn crash dumps that sometimes simply discourage me to continue playing), and Hamburg is in 15th after 27 games, 4 pts from relegation with 4 wins, 10 ties and 13 losses. Now, I'll be the first to admit that the last 2 seasons in Bundesliga have been anything but predictable, but that's just ... outlandish, kind of on the same "suspension of disbelief" level of a wrestling match. Instead, Hannover and Frankfurt are right on the tails of Dortmund (certainly a higher possibility for them to be in 2nd than Hamburg relegating) and Leverkusen (got that one right at least), battling over the Champions League spots. If this was several years into the game ok, boneheaded management decisions could see to Hamburg dropping in quality (*cough Bayern Munich *cough), but not with this year's roster. Infact, somewhere along my season I have considered restarting because of this, just because it doesn't feel "right". In the end, I am sure I will stop playing on this save should Hamburg relegate ...

Didn't Leverkusen nearly get relegated one year? In fact, IIRC, it a year or two after making the Champions League final!

im 33 games into my 3rd seson with liverpool, im in 2nd place, about 8 points behind man city, and believe it or not, WOLVES yes wolves, are in 3rd 5 points behind me and about 5 in front of chelsea/man u/arsenal/spurs... now on thier transfer budgets and crap squad, surely they shouldnt be in the champions league...

anyone else experienced anything like this?

Liverpool in second place!? Now that's unrealistic.

Archived